Hawaii Knife Life - daily use for work and play

I am tired, hungry, and hot after reading your posts!!! :D Very KOOL!!!:thumbsup: And Thanks for sharing!!! John

Enjoyed those pics brother. Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Thank you gentlemen, I appreciate the positive feedback.

If I’m flooding GKD too often please let me know and I’ll slow down. I just thought I’d share pics of my knives and what I use them for.

Aloha!

I just finished up putting a working edge back on a farmer/gardeners best friend... the unsung hero of weed control.

I use the 10 and 14 inch OH knives for chopping and harvesting in the field as well. They both squeeze in the marbles sheath (that also came with a coarse stone).

The GB1 is one of my favorite knives I own. I have a spare BNIB but in hindsight I wish I scooped up several more back when they were introduced. Mr. Bradley knows a thing or two about making a user knife!

BF01D332-AE09-44A9-9A0A-F3F7E7C2E49D.jpeg

A really cool thread ... I enjoy seeing all the different knives and showing what you use them for ... :thumbsup:

And I enjoyed seeing the Old Hickory knives I love the ones I inherited from my dad ... great knives bargins for how little they cost ...and they just work ...

thanks for sharing. ... JJ

Last edited:
A really cool thread ... I enjoy seeing all the different knives and showing what you use them for ... :thumbsup:

And I enjoyed seeing the Old Hickory knives I love the ones I inherited from my dad ... great knives bargins fir how little tye cost ...and they just work ...

thanks for sharing. ... JJ

Thank you sir. I appreciate the comments and encouragement.

OHK are very utilitarian for sure, it’s pretty neat to have a second generation started!

Yeah the thread idea is great letting us tag along while you check crops and share your knives and the beautiful scenery ... look forward to seeing the next posts ...

looked like your son was enjoying cutting up some venision for jerky too ... alwas good to see people introducing young people to knives ...

Spending some time today repairing drip line irrigation. Our dry season is starting and mice/birds are starting to chew through the lines to get water.

I used the Kershaw Whirlwind for the repairs. I enjoy 14c28n and this particular model has a very springy pocket clip and speedsafe. This allows me to deploy the blade quickly with one hand from my thick pocket material, and quickly put it back into the pocket.

962A75B7-4BD0-402E-933C-2DE0D4EA0378.jpeg 60CD984B-4837-4C00-AA0D-1E588B563CAD.jpeg 2DC4DABC-8BDF-4421-A865-7992519DBA08.jpeg

Thought I’d swing by the Kalaupapa lookout while having some coffee. Accompanied by the Spyderco Manix 2 in s110v. It’s a very well put together knife and the blurple is an attractive color.

Sorry for the poor lighting, the morning sun wasn’t great for pictures...

9D531B4C-F5EF-46B1-B273-53CB82C00D92.jpeg 6E6F37D6-2BD2-4DCC-B71D-D51FEC78C0C6.jpeg

The KaBar sheath works great, but you have to be careful as the snap is too long to retain the square handle. I’m considering shortening it and re-attaching the snap.

If you dont mind the way it changes the feel of the knife, the easier way would likely be thickening the handle, either with some bike inner tube, or a paracord wrap over the wood.

If you dont mind the way it changes the feel of the knife, the easier way would likely be thickening the handle, either with some bike inner tube, or a paracord wrap over the wood.

Oh, and P.S.- thank you for sharing. You are very fortunate to live in such a beautiful part of the country!

Thank you sir and excellent suggestion on the handle and sheath solution. I also picked up the KaBar Big Brother sheath to see if it would work with the Ontario SP5. The blade fits snugly but the snap is too short to wrap around the Kraton handle. I think I’ll try to wet and massage the leather to see if it will stretch to fit.

Thank you again for the kind words!

Thought I’d swing by the Kalaupapa lookout while having some coffee. Accompanied by the Spyderco Manix 2 in s110v. It’s a very well put together knife and the blurple is an attractive color.

Sorry for the poor lighting, the morning sun wasn’t great for pictures...

View attachment 924396 View attachment 924397

now that is a view. I could get used to that. thanks for sharing, Sir.

Back