Hawaii Knife Life - daily use for work and play

That sucks, people can be so damn terrible sometimes....
Very sorry about your little friend though....:(
You still seem to have a positive attitude and seem way less bitter than one would expect, given the circumstances.
You're a good dude and I'm sure you gave that pup a great life :)

Thanks man. Things happen, just gotta have faith and keep moving. I’m grateful all my kids are healthy and have a lot to be thankful for. We all do!

Damn, I look forward to seeing what you have going on in paradise. Always smile reading n looking at this thread! What a kick in the nuts!! Sorry for your loss n hope the many years you had with your buddy helps assuage your current feelings of loss!
James

Thanks James, much appreciated.

Darn, really sorry for your loss. He seemed a great little fella:)
I lost a cat to an idiot going twice the limit in a residential area.
It's hard not to hate these people.

All the best from far away Germany - I'll raise a glass tonight for your buddy!

Thank you and Aloha from Hawaii. It’s no fun picking up a friend off the pavement, sorry about your cat.

Cheers!

I cannot believe someone running over an animal of any kind and not stopping to check for the animal itself and, at the very least and from a selfish perspective, possible damage to the vehicle. What a jerk! Sorry for your loss.

Mikel

Wishing you comfort, it is not easy to lose an animal who is part of your family. We had to put down our cat this year, but to have it happen the way it happened to yours is hard.

Thanks for the kind words. Our family is definitely missing him. It’s never easy losing a friend.

6AD37FB5-6E02-492B-B614-464F946A7FCB.jpeg Drove down to a valley today to fish and enjoy the land.
F1E6E49E-00F4-46E9-B973-50EAF2F60AB8.jpeg11E25C4F-3195-4130-99D9-2D2D9F30E726.jpeg6C3D12D2-D97B-4EAF-99E6-AE2E6226D690.jpegA4E2DC6B-4D80-450B-928D-150E3445AD7A.jpeg
I have been really enjoying this TOPS Puukko. It’s an absolute joy to play with, and fun to make drumsticks from Milo wood for the kids to play with.

I carried this Kershaw Knockout in my surf shorts while fishing, then cleaned a few fish with it. It’s definitely not H1 steel, as it corroded within hours. That said, I like the edge stability it offers.
D353EC1C-8474-4FA5-AFC5-2FCF75B648E6.jpeg4B7AE0D5-E5BE-48E5-ADCF-D3F3A741896A.jpeg

This spotting did not come out after using WD40 and a rag. It’s all good though, and I learned that this is not the right tool for saltwater fishing for me.

On the bright side, the swedge worked great for scaling, and the tip and belly worked awesome for cleaning fish.

To the person who did not even slow down or stop after running over and killing my friend this morning, I will try very hard to forgive you.

To my little man, I love and miss you already. I am so sorry I did not protect you better. You were an absolute joy in my life, and will be remembered forever as a part of my family.

I love you Dubie. Sleep well my friend.
View attachment 1436048

Oh, man. That hurts. That is how I lost my Mexican beagle, Pepe. That was twelve years ago, and I still feel it. You will miss him.

View attachment 1439773 Drove down to a valley today to fish and enjoy the land.
View attachment 1439767View attachment 1439768View attachment 1439769View attachment 1439770
I have been really enjoying this TOPS Puukko. It’s an absolute joy to play with, and fun to make drumsticks from Milo wood for the kids to play with.

I carried this Kershaw Knockout in my surf shorts while fishing, then cleaned a few fish with it. It’s definitely not H1 steel, as it corroded within hours. That said, I like the edge stability it offers.
View attachment 1439771View attachment 1439772

This spotting did not come out after using WD40 and a rag. It’s all good though, and I learned that this is not the right tool for saltwater fishing for me.

On the bright side, the swedge worked great for scaling, and the tip and belly worked awesome for cleaning fish.

What great Pictures and to see you enjoying the great outdoors there is so cool. Thanks for sharing, and how you work using knives.

Dubie is having a great time at the dog beach in the sky with truck rides & Venison steak when ever he wants! :)

Amen to that!

Oh, man. That hurts. That is how I lost my Mexican beagle, Pepe. That was twelve years ago, and I still feel it. You will miss him.

We sure will. I am also sorry to hear about your friend Pepe.

What great Pictures and to see you enjoying the great outdoors there is so cool. Thanks for sharing, and how you work using knives.

Thank you for the kind words!

View attachment 1439773 Drove down to a valley today to fish and enjoy the land.
View attachment 1439767View attachment 1439768View attachment 1439769View attachment 1439770

View attachment 1439771View attachment 1439772

what a view, just fantastic.

A little fishing today after work. These bonefish (O’io) are delicious after scraping the meat and mixing a bit of water, sea salt, and roasted kukui nut. No heat or fire needed.

Love this Bush Ranger by Cold Steel!
View attachment 1487210

I was wondering what had happened with this thread. Glad to see it back to page 1!!!...
I just received the bush ranger myself and while I love the handle and the blade, my old decrepit hands are having a hard time opening and closing it.. I hope it loosens up and smooths out. Thanks for sharing in this thread. I went thru it from pg. 1 again and luv it!!

James

I was wondering what had happened with this thread. Glad to see it back to page 1!!!...
I just received the bush ranger myself and while I love the handle and the blade, my old decrepit hands are having a hard time opening and closing it.. I hope it loosens up and smooths out. Thanks for sharing in this thread. I went thru it from pg. 1 again and luv it!!

James

Mahalo Sir!

Back