Hawk and Knife Combos...

I thought it would be nice to have folks post pictures of their favorite hawk/knife combo... OK???

100_0185.jpg

100_0143.jpg

Here's a few of mine.
My ATC V-Tac and my Blackhawk Tatang
P9162517.jpg

My fort Turner Rogers Rangers and a Custom by Stephen Osbourne at North-River custom knives.
P9162516.jpg

Cold steel Spike hawk and my BRKT Aurora
P9162513.jpg

As soon as I gave my friend a CS trailhawk that I had reworked into a spike--I knew I had to put together a knife to complete the set.
Settled on my version of a "Scalper" as a Christmas present....doubt I will wait until then to give it to him lol.
Knife is forged from O1, 7 1/2 inch blade with a maple handle.
ry%3D400

My old favourite hawk and a new knife combo I just made up. In reality the knives are for a show I have coming up but I though ya'll might like to see the set.

Best regards

Robin

5126007528_99414705d3.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
5120574060_d14c4f3750.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
5119964013_567afe7131.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
5119967049_c3588070e6.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Some really nice stuff here!:thumbup:

Here's my modded CS Hawk and Larado....

001.jpg

moreknives016.jpg

As soon as I gave my friend a CS trailhawk that I had reworked into a spike--I knew I had to put together a knife to complete the set.
Settled on my version of a "Scalper" as a Christmas present....doubt I will wait until then to give it to him lol.
Knife is forged from O1, 7 1/2 inch blade with a maple handle.
ry%3D400

Beautiful finish there, Visitor!!! Please tell me how you did that!!! Is that a cherrywood finish?

Thanks, the hawk handle is factory - was thinned until it felt right- sanded off the manufacturing dents on the ends and stained with Fiebing's Spirit dye in mahogany followed with boiled linseed oil.
That dye seems to be the only thing that penetrates- two coats and they turn almost black/ red.
The knife handle is maple with the same treatment- hawk is hickory. I wasn't trying to match the finishes- the hawk I gave my friend has a different finish with inlays and an antiqued finish and not available when I took this picture.

Visitor,

I was looking for my next finish for my CS Frontier Hawk, and wanted a red-colored one like that... I will have to try it!!!

Or maybe I will put it on my 'Walking Spear' I am making... :)

-Ron.

Cpl Punishment:
Thanks so much for suggesting this. What a great line-up . God, I love every one of them ! Now I know why I always come drifting back to this forum.

All My Best
Dwight

Here's my "throwing combo" :D

Slightly modded CS TrailHawk and Busse BATAC.

TH_Batac_01.jpg

TH_Batac_02.jpg

TH_Batac_03.jpg

I haven't thrown the hawk yet; I wanted to snap pictures first 'cause I have the feeling I'll mess it up pretty bad :eek:

Great combo guys :thumbup:

Tha paracord under the hawk head would be the only concern I would have if the head is not solidly attached!!! I would move the paracord down or remove it, and loosen the allen screw on the head first before throwing it. That way the slip-head design will work better and you wont damage the haft.

Excellent thread, too much good stuff to comment on everything. but crossada, darn fine knife you have there.

Back