HDFK: Random Impressions

Thank you kindly sir. It was ManOfSteel89 ManOfSteel89 who made it happen for me! It just looks so beautiful! I'll take some glamour shots of it soon, before I put my battle scars on it!

XqHEhsh.jpg

Looks great! Can't wait to see pics of a second one getting some use. :p:D

With all these great pictures and reviews, I can't wait to receive mine. I was very late into the game but I really wish I can get mine before Xmas this year.

For anyone wondering... Sagewood's kydex adapters in the Medium size fit this sheath perfectly. Good way to set up a belt loop, different dangler, or even carabiner dangler.

Thanks for this, I was wondering the same thing. I have a spare medium dangler adapter floating around somewhere so I’ll order a sheath whenever I get a shot at a HDFK.

How does the handle width of the HDFK compare to the "old" FK? Has anyone posted pics of the tops of the handles side by side?

The HDFK handle is, well, more HD. The FK handle is slender, by comparison. The HDFK handle is honestly a lighter version of the LC handle. A nice, meaty handfull. Someone surely has some photos to post. I'll see about getting some this weekend.

Reactions: mb>
I will see if I can get pics to compare the three later.

The HDFK is indeed closer to the LC handle than the FK. It actually feels a little meatier in the width/swell than the LC when I switch back and forth between them.

So... who wants to make some leather for these...

I may have a spare one that could be used as a pattern. Maybe.

So... who wants to make some leather for these...

I may have a spare one that could be used as a pattern. Maybe.

For which one? The NASK / HDFK? @grogimus is doing an identical set for both my Behemoth and my NASK, both with unbuffed canvas black micarta handle scales. Probably photos to post in a couple of weeks.

This knife is damn near perfect
I want to echo what has already been said, that it feels solid and at the same time, much lighter than it should.
It is also smaller than I thought, I think photos portray it to be larger than it really is...which is great in my books!
It is about the perfect size for me.

Thank you @ExtraBaconPlease for helping me out!
qgf0MfD.jpg

Gm5epqo.jpg

kzVD7wh.jpg

zdrW1kt.jpg

Back