HDMC: Heavy Duty Medium Chopper!

My business model has always been to make knives during the week, put them for sale on Friday, sell them over the weekend, and ship the following week. We've had a few years of very brisk sales, but a slower sale isn't a bad thing, it reduces frustration and allows regular people to get the knives they want.

My business model has always been to make knives during the week, put them for sale on Friday, sell them over the weekend, and ship the following week. We've had a few years of very brisk sales, but a slower sale isn't a bad thing, it reduces frustration and allows regular people to get the knives they want.

I’m available to model for your business :)

I could document putting your knives to some real-world use and get some video of it. Once I have a few videos, I'll Jeannie to edit them all together into one, action-packed, knife-totin', adventure!
I’d be down to wanting the raw footage, that way I wouldn’t miss the bleepers. Kind of like watching that show you guys were a part of.

I know that we have gone a bit back and forth on the weight / thickness issue of the HDMC (to me here on out the production HC) vs the prototype-HC and the BC, but I just looked up the official stats again from Nathan's own sales threads and the production HC is the fattest of all them fatties:

HDMC: 25.6 oz / .275"
Proto HC: 22.9 / .260
Behemoth: 24.5 / .250

And yes, that choil is a sharpening choil not a choke up one. Why would you wanna choke up with the fattest anyway?

Last edited:
I know that we have gone a bit back and forth on the weight / thickness issue of the HDMC (to me here on out the production HC) vs the prototype-HC and the BC, but I just looked up the official stats again from Nathan's own sales threads and the production HC is the fattest of all them fatties:

HDMC: 25.6 oz / .275"
Proto HC: 22.9 / .260
Behemoth: 24.5 / .250

And yes, that chili is a sharpening coil not a choke up one. Why would you wanna choke up with the fattest anyway?
It is one SWEET fatty! :cool:

Yes indeed, It may very well be my favorite Chopper from CPK:thumbsup:The HDMC is NOTHING like the MC-(It is wider, thicker, and the Grind on these are simply Magnificent:cool:;)
I’m pretty sure this is how I look every time I heft the HDMC......
1X1lYow.jpg

WOW! Just received my HDMC and it is amazing. Wasn't expecting much difference from the Medium Chopper, but this is a completely different knife. I really like the MC, but it felt too light for what it was and I had wished the grips were more hand filling for my big paws.
Well, this beast feels so right in my hand, is light enough to be quick and non fatiguing, but has enough heft to feel comfortable in use. This is one of those non "one size fits all" situations where a big chopper should be sized to the person wielding it.
Jo, thanks for the awesome scales!!!

Will there be any more pre-orders or Friday sales for these or is the secondary market my only hope??

I already have a WTB for the HDMC and HDFK in the B/S/T thread. Go figure I discover CPK mere months after two of the three models I am most interested in go on indefinite hiatus. :eek:

Will there be any more pre-orders or Friday sales for these or is the secondary market my only hope??

I already have a WTB for the HDMC and HDFK in the B/S/T thread. Go figure I discover CPK mere months after two of the three models I am most interested in go on indefinite hiatus. :eek:

I'm sorry, the HDFK is not currently in production though it was a fantastic pattern and I'm sure we'll revisit it again in the future. If you're looking for an HDMC you should hit up the folks at Fort Henry I think they might have some in inventory.

Back