HDMC: Heavy Duty Medium Chopper!

different: blade length, blade shape, primary grind geometry, edge thickness and angle

They look similar because they share DNA but there are some differences other than just length. The HDMC is indestructible where the Behemother is a high performance chopper that would be competitive in a cutting event where the HDMC isn't going to win any races.

different: blade length, blade shape, primary grind geometry, edge thickness and angle

They look similar because they share DNA but there are some differences other than just length. The HDMC is indestructible where the Behemother is a high performance chopper that would be competitive in a cutting event where the HDMC isn't going to win any races.
Thank you for the info. Both are great looking knives and I'm sure perform very well! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mine's on the way! Sweet! Can't wait to check it out and test it against the MC and BC.

The winner between the MC and HDMC is going to be my Large Camp Knife for the foreseeable future.
What did you settle on and why?

I’m asking because I was thinking of getting a HDMC but I would have to get that from the secondary market and I already have a BC.

it’s not realistic for me to get both.

What did you settle on and why?

I’m asking because I was thinking of getting a HDMC but I would have to get that from the secondary market and I already have a BC.

it’s not realistic for me to get both.
That reminds me to relist my HDMC FS.

I have/had the LC, MC HDMC, BC and Behemother chopper.

Ended up paring it down to the LC, MC and Behemother.

Reasoning is, the LC is more like a short machete/chopper that also has some flexibility for Filipino MA with the leaf shaped blade and lighter weight.

Of all the CPKs the MC is my Goldilocks. Always liked the Large Camp Knife (9" - 10" blade) category and carried many variations backpacking. The MC fits that bill perfectly. I don't need the extra robustness/mass for backpacking use.

As for the HDMC, BC and Behemother, I simply decided to keep the biggest of the 3. Compared to the MC, they're all a little heavier than I would prefer to carry but are all formidable choppers if I don't have to carry them while hiking longer distances (eg. chopping thicker limbs or smaller trees around the house etc.) so I kept the biggest one.

Back