Heads Up; More M390 from DLT

Hypothetical number . I used the number because the knife original price was $149 so I split it in half .

Is 75 bucks all a dealer pays for the PM2?
Let me put it this way... I recently paid $115 for a folder from a “private sale” when other dealers are selling the same knife for over $240. I’m assuming the dealer I bought it from is making some money. I would guess the dealers selling MAP are making around $150 COGS on the knife.

Last edited:
The funniest part about everyone complaining about flippers is that those same people complaining, are the people that'll look at the for sale threads and say they'll pay $150 for someone's BNIB knives that are $250 at retailers. If you want to rip people off on the for sale section, it goes both ways, that's how it works, it's all about what people are willing to buy or sell something for.

Last edited:
Reactions: AF
What’s also fascinating it the uptick of BBS Blue M390 PM2 knives being sold, some at $300+. #psyops :D

This reminds me of hot “must have” kids toys at Christmas time. Last year it was Hatchimals, years before that XBox, Tickle me Elmo, Cabbage Patch Kids, etc. People going bananas to get one. Supply and demand. I just refuse to pay more than retail for basically everything, but that’s just me.

If a person was lucky enough to find a high end desireable knife at a yard sale for $5 but it was worth $300, what would be a fair price to flip it for on BF?

Is 75 bucks all a dealer pays for the PM2?

I don't think anyone other than DLT and their distributor knows the exact price DLT paid for this knife; but from what I've seen, it isn't an unreasonable estimate.
If I had to take a guess, I'd guess $89/ea at the most, which would leave room for a ~68% markup. And it'd mean $89,000 in cash to pay the distributor. That'd be a pretty significant order for a relatively small knife retailer.

And while 68% markup might sound like a lot... Once you start subtracting overhead... shipping, rent, payroll, utilities, insurance... Then you pay taxes on the net profit.

Way to go DLT. Keep 'em coming! :thumbsup:

Cr36QJ5.jpg

Got mine today. Immediately replaced the red scales with some CF ones from a 52100. Now it's the perfect PM2!

Cr36QJ5.jpg

Got mine today. Immediately replaced the red scales with some CF ones from a 52100. Now it's the perfect PM2!
Nice! Now that you have the perfect PM2, I’ll relieve you of that ugly orange one :D

I don't think anyone other than DLT and their distributor knows the exact price DLT paid for this knife; but from what I've seen, it isn't an unreasonable estimate.
If I had to take a guess, I'd guess $89/ea at the most, which would leave room for a ~68% markup. And it'd mean $89,000 in cash to pay the distributor. That'd be a pretty significant order for a relatively small knife retailer.

And while 68% markup might sound like a lot... Once you start subtracting overhead... shipping, rent, payroll, utilities, insurance... Then you pay taxes on the net profit.

Way to go DLT. Keep 'em coming! :thumbsup:
I have to agree. DLT did not make a killing on these, but hopefully it got them some additional exposure, and maybe we see a red Para 3, Military, Yojimbo 2, Manix 2, who knows what else. I am pretty grateful for the very reasonable price DLT sold these for. There has yet to be an M390 Manix 2. Just sayin'...

The likelihood of DLTrading having to make a loan to pay for all of these knives is high . So in my opinion they flipped the knife in other words they priced it to sell fast pay the loan pay their workers and make fast money . In my opinion that's how you make money.

There is a lot of speculation gearing up in this thread. While some businesses may take a loan to pay for a run of knives like that, we did not. We paid all cash in full, I also will add that DLT has zero debt overall- inventory, capital, building etc all are paid in full.

We just want to sell knives at a fair price, that was our goal here.

Last edited:
I find it very interesting that the demand for these is so high, with people paying $200+. They seem to be selling within minutes of being listed on the secondary market. The part that I find most interesting is that these were available to purchase from DLT for a solid week before selling out, additionally, they were heavily advertised. DLT emailed everybody on their mailing list when first announced, which made its way here and to all the Facebook groups--for those seven days, and certainty since, the red PM2 was plastered everywhere. If you missed out, its your own fault - if you want one time to suck it up and spend the market rate. BTW- I love mine, thanks DLT!

There is a lot of speculation gearing up in this thread. While some businesses may take a loan to pay for a run of knives like that, we did not. We paid all cash in full, I also will add that DLT has zero debt overall- inventory, capital, building etc all are paid in full.

We just want to sell knives at a fair price, that was our goal here.

I think you guys priced it, as well as timed the release, perfectly, in relation to the release of the Maxamet version. If the price or the release date were ever so slightly different I may have not bought one.

If we missed out it’s our own fault... haha nice one . Not all of us are on social media, or all the knife forums all the time. I’m only new to collecting the PM2 sprints, exclusives and limited editions. I had know idea until I saw one pop up on eBay BEFORE people here received theirs. It must have been a CC early release. Something else I knew nothing about.

So yep I bought 2 from here. It is what it is... you got to pay if ya wanna play so to speak

I guess I’ll just have to keep a close eye on this forum in future. Time difference can also make or break a deal

Such is life on the other side

If we missed out it’s our own fault... haha nice one . Not all of us are on social media, or all the knife forums all the time. I’m only new to collecting the PM2 sprints, exclusives and limited editions. I had know idea until I saw one pop up on eBay BEFORE people here received theirs. It must have been a CC early release. Something else I knew nothing about.

So yep I bought 2 from here. It is what it is... you got to pay if ya wanna play so to speak

I guess I’ll just have to keep a close eye on this forum in future. Time difference can also make or braak a deal

Such is life on the other side

Well, since you're "new to collecting the PM2 sprints, exclusives and limited editions", let me be the first to tell you that this knife was an anomaly due to the fact that it didn't sell out the same day, or in some cases under an hour, like PM2 sprints usually do. If you don't want to pay secondary market prices, get connected a little bit with the outside world and you'll learn about releases before they are out.

Mine shipped and tracking shows it being received by usps but the tracking hasn't updated since the 17th. Anyone else in the same boat?

If the runs were just bigger it would solve the "issue". People want to suggest that charging a higher price would discourage flipping. I suggest that making twice as many of them would do the same.

Exclusives are not sprints and there is no limit on the production quantity. The distributor is free to order more and based on the success of this run it would appear as though they would be successful if they did.

I want a Military in this configuration myself. :)

If the runs were just bigger it would solve the "issue". People want to suggest that charging a higher price would discourage flipping. I suggest that making twice as many of them would do the same.

Exclusives are not sprints and there is no limit on the production quantity. The distributor is free to order more and based on the success of this run it would appear as though they would be successful if they did.

I want a Military in this configuration myself. :)

I'd want a Millie in this config as well!

Back