Heads Up; More M390 from DLT

5okutXy.jpg

Unfortunately the Military does not have the same following as the Para 2.
M390/204P are nearly identical steels and a M390 and 204P Millie has already been done by KW. M4 has also been done a couple of times on the Millie platform.

Something that's never done before would be cool. A K390 or 10V Millie with the red handles might do well. Might also help to reduce the number made? 800 or 900 or so? It seems the larger runs of Millies haven't been selling all that well.

The upcoming ParaMilitary2 CPM-S30V Black DLC Blade with OD Green G-10 was produced exclusively for JB Outman Distributing. Street price is $149.50 which is kind of high but that's also because MAP will be only 35% off MSRP come January 1st instead of the current 40% off MSRP.

M390/204P are nearly identical steels and a M390 and 204P Millie has already been done by KW. M4 has also been done a couple of times on the Millie platform.

Something that's never done before would be cool. A K390 or 10V Millie with the red handles might do well. Might also help to reduce the number made? 800 or 900 or so? It seems the larger runs of Millies haven't been selling all that well.

It's not worth it for Spyderco to do runs at less than 2,000 pieces. I don't think they are willing to go smaller than that.

Do you guys think a red m390 military is at all likely since knifeworks still has hundreds of 204p militaries left after 2 years. I dont think that they would do it, but i would definitely buy one if it had a smaller price tag than the knifeworks version.

m390 is basically the same as 204p. So the new military you are suggesting would be just like the kw exclusive except the color of the g10 handle. I dont know about others, but I myself do not have a strong preference for the red color. Had the DLT M390 pm2 been in green g10, it would have been equally attractive to me.

As for the price, the kw 204p green g10 military was on sale @ ~$170 a few times this year and last year. That is a very fair price. I dont think a new m390 red g10 military can be sold lower than that.

Considering the kw 204p millie is still available, plus whats said above, it does not make much sense for spyderco or a dealer to have an exclusive or sprint run of m390 red g10 military.

Back