1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Hear Ye, Hear Ye!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Oku, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Oku

Oku

Dec 2, 2002
    Know all that on the last night of Blade 2013, and act of "Old School Hoggishness" was perpetrated in the Waverly!!!!!:thumbup::thumbup::D

You know who you are, and from the bottom of our hearts we thank you for your perpetuation of the principles on which The Round Trough was founded!!

WELL DONE!

2. snwbrdr202

snwbrdr202 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Elaborate Okuden! I have to know...

3. KnifeAddictAK

KnifeAddictAK

Nov 17, 2003
    Oh no... Someone pole dance at the fountain again?!? :eek:

4. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    ..... you say that like it is a BAD thing..... gven me enough (well even a little) bourbon and I could make a living spinning around a pole..!!!!!

5. resinguy

resinguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2006

skunk and Amy, discussing pole dance technique, Blade 2007.

[​IMG]

meanwhile, KAAK was having a wardrobe malfuntion...

[​IMG]

6. Knight88

Knight88

Jun 5, 2011
    Well if any of y'all begin to pole dance then I will have my dollar bills ready :D

7. Oku

Oku

Dec 2, 2002
    Snwbrdr,

While I understand and empathize with your curiosity, these "Acts of Hoggishness" are not done for recognition. The "True Hog" prefers the cloak of anonymity and even this post is happening by permission of the Hog In Question (in accordance with "The Code of the Round Trough").

Often the AOH (Act Of Hoggishness) is spontaneous, and on occasion has witnesses, but they are admonished to "keep it quiet". Sometimes a group of Hogs may band together in such an act, and such things are the stuff of Trough Legend, but the details have rarely been published. The Act was one of spontaneous generosity and all True Hogs rejoice in it's happening.

KAAK,

No pole dancing! Praise be, the mall security guy arrived in the nick of time! Of course he then proceeded to place the fountain "off limits" much to the disappointment of those steeped in that particular Blade Tradition.

8. mhawg

mhawg

Jan 10, 2003
    The only thing better that a night around the fountain with the Busse crowd is breakfast at the magnificent Renaissance with Jerry and Dan. It does, how ever, slow you down considerably at the show the rest of the day....

9. UDDwaine

UDDwaine

Apr 8, 2007
    Did Jaxx meet up with his friend TeaBag again???? :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2013
  10. GregB

GregB Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2000
    LOL!!! Dave and I were walking out and he stopped us looking for Jerry. Classic!!

GregB

11. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Brian- You are one of the bestest of HOGS.
    Swinecosa :D

12. Garth Reckner

Garth Reckner Moderator Moderator

Dec 13, 2004
    What happens at the Trough stays at the Trough.

Garth

13. Garth Reckner

Garth Reckner Moderator Moderator

Dec 13, 2004
    Always nice to hear about the generosity of the Hogs.

Garth

14. Hindsight

Hindsight Moderator Moderator

Dec 8, 2011
    There is no greater group of people than those who feed at the trough.

15. KnifeAddictAK

KnifeAddictAK

Nov 17, 2003
    Does that include pics? lol. Oh to look back at younger times and bad pictures :eek:

16. thatmguy

thatmguy

Mar 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

17. KnifeAddictAK

KnifeAddictAK

Nov 17, 2003
    That one I don't mind at all lol. Andrew was late on his cue :D

18. Oku

Oku

Dec 2, 2002
    A car full of "horticulturists"! One of 'em is even real!!!

That there was "the stuff of legend".....

Swinecosa:

I'm humbled by your words.....thank you.....

19. thatmguy

thatmguy

Mar 26, 2000
    Orr....

[​IMG]

20. KnifeAddictAK

KnifeAddictAK

Nov 17, 2003
    Man, I don't think I've ever seen that pic! I still remember when we stayed at the hotel and the rooms were across from each other and the partying. That was the year the Les Baer 1911 was debuted. And I definitely don't plan on buzzing my head again :D