Heat diffuser plate?

I'm looking for a heat diffuser to use with Ti cookware. I'm initially thinking about a hard-anodized aluminum option so I don't get the grey marks all over my gear but, a copper option would be good too if it isn't terribly expensive.

Where should I look or, where should I be shopping? I'm looking for something to use with Snowpeak and similar Ti cooking pots and mugs mainly though, an occasional skillet or coffee pot may enter the picture too. Raw aluminum is out due to use on my motorcycle where vibration will make a mess with raw aluminum. I would also be interested in using the diffuser or something similar with a Coleman stove when car camping as well.

TIA,
Sid

I'm looking for a heat diffuser to use with Ti cookware. I'm initially thinking about a hard-anodized aluminum option so I don't get the grey marks all over my gear but, a copper option would be good too if it isn't terribly expensive.

Where should I look or, where should I be shopping? I'm looking for something to use with Snowpeak and similar Ti cooking pots and mugs mainly though, an occasional skillet or coffee pot may enter the picture too. Raw aluminum is out due to use on my motorcycle where vibration will make a mess with raw aluminum. I would also be interested in using the diffuser or something similar with a Coleman stove when car camping as well.

TIA,
Sid
I made a diffuser plate for my backpacking stove. I used an old thin walled stainless steel kitchen bowl. I cut a circle about 5" diameter with a pair of tin snips and pounded it flat. It is still going strong 40 years later. It looks like #%@&, but it works like a charm. It weighs nothing, and the price is right. I ground the edge to dull it. There are a few radial separations from the flattening process, but they don't affect the performance. If I dig the thing out, I'll measure the thickness and post a picture.

Hmm, good thought there. Maybe a Goodwill surplus saucepan with a disc base I could trim up and use.

Back