• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Heat Treating

JTknives

Blade Heat Treating www.jarodtodd.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I offer heat treating to forum members, no minimum quantity. If you have one or ten blades I can do it. All the prices are in my signature as well as the order sheet you fill out when you send me your blades. I do not have a bulk price because each blade is handled one at a time.
There are a few restrictions due to size limits.

My liquid nitrogen dewar will only take a blade up to 2.125" wide. My oven is 5"x5" and 31.5" long. I use AAA and Parks 50 for all oil hardening steels and quench plates for air hardening steels. We are currently switching away from foil wrapping blades now that we have a nitrogen gas injection system installed. I do all straightening during the temper by clamping blades to steel plates in the oven. Some steels are quite difficult to straighten this way; thin AEB-L for example is very difficult. I will do my best to straighten these blades during the temper but you might need to finish the straightening process in your own shop using physical means.

The prices below are a general idea of cost. Some blades could be more depending on their size, but most "normal" sized blades are priced accordingly.
Please notify me before shipping any blades so I can be ready to receive them.

Thank You - JT

Hi JT. Will you do damascus and if so what combinations, 1080(4)/15N20, 1095/15N20, O1/15N20, 5160/15N20?
Thanks

I’ve sent in a knife heat treatment. Sent contact info, too. You should have recieved it tue 22, 2019. Can you contact me for an update? Thank you Ross (hockne )

Anyone that comes across this thread looking for heat treating you can place your order on our website. Thank you - JT
www.jarodtodd.com

Back