Heavy Cover Ti Canteen and Mess Kit Review and Giveaway

After 4 months of hard use I am ready to tell you folks what I think of the Heavy Cover Titanium canteen and mess kit. It is freaking awesome!!! This piece of gear is light weight and very tough. It is .5 mil thick. That is a full .1 thicker that most of the other Ti cookware out there. Chris, the owner of Heavy Cover, told me the prototype was .4 mil. He said it felt flimsy. So instead of calling it good enough he had them made thicker.

The standard kit comes with the canteen, cup, and lid. The standard cap for the canteen is the same pattern as the Klean Kanteen lids. For a few more bucks you can upgrade to a Ti lid. The base price is about $143.00. I know it is expensive, but life is short.

[video=youtube;8lJxflUlMe0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lJxflUlMe0[/video]

This is what you will be getting if you win the giveaway.

3SSilj2oqrYA4RmtJcXtOn34EP9IbMkE9ur2KYhvFvU=w702-h527-no

Mine does not look like this anymore. I have baked, boiled, and used the crap out of this thing. The lid held up great even with a fire built on top of it.

Peachcobbler3_zpsda9f296e.jpg

I used the cup and lid to bake and heated water in the canteen many times.

it worked equally as well for heating water on my homemade wood burning tent stove.

Heating+water+on+stove.JPG

The cup worked great on the fire. The Titanium seems to transfer heat a lot faster than other metals.

Ti+canteen+2.JPG

This is a little peach cobbler that I made, came out great.

Peachcobbler4_zpsa50abe57.jpg

I have posted this a few times but baking in this set is works great.

[video=youtube;uKWb8unQZAU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKWb8unQZAU[/video]

The kit also saw some use on my new MSR stove.

heavy+cover+on+msr.JPG

I carried this set with me in my kit bag. It worked great.

in+kit.jpg

I would like to thanks Chris for sending me this an trusting me to do an honest review. It is a must have for people who love outdoor gear.

To enter the giveaway just post a comment on my blog Monkey Stomp Gear Reviews.

If you are a veteran say so and I will assign you 2 entries. If you are active duty, say so, and I will assign you 3 entries.

Looks great

A much lighter version of my British Army Canteen set, that I got 45 years ago in Army Cadets in High School
We also had the set of deep mess tins

excellent review, terry. i like that you actually said you received it for free to review. that's why your channel is one of the very few i'm subscribed to... no bs, just useful info given straight up. i keep checking the site everyday for a month now, waiting to order mine haha. i wish i pre-ordered it.

i have their normal stainless steel cover and i like the build quality.

excellent review, terry. i like that you actually said you received it for free to review. that's why your channel is one of the very few i'm subscribed to... no bs, just useful info given straight up. i keep checking the site everyday for a month now, waiting to order mine haha. i wish i pre-ordered it.

i have their normal stainless steel cover and i like the build quality.
Thanks man I appreciate it. I try not to be a BS'r plenty of those around.

I tried to comment on the blog but forgot the my Google ID. Will try again when home. Nice canteen/cooking setup.

Good stuff!

I've got a US mil canteen cup, from 1951, that I've had since I was a scout in the '70s. Carried it every where, through thick/thin, cooked in it, drank fresh stream water from it, and on occasion, sipped a bit of Beam at the end of a long day.

A very versatile piece of gear, and kudos to Heavy Cover and IA Woodsman for taking it to the next level.

I wanted to thank Terry for having this give away. I hardly ever enter give aways as I have about everything I need but I decided to enter this one. Well I guess the good Karma worked its way around for the few give aways I have done in the last few years as I won this one. I can't wait to use this one and I will do my own little review as well after I receive it and get a chance to get out and use it. Thanks again Terry.

I wanted to thank Terry for having this give away. I hardly ever enter give aways as I have about everything I need but I decided to enter this one. Well I guess the good Karma worked its way around for the few give aways I have done in the last few years as I won this one. I can't wait to use this one and I will do my own little review as well after I receive it and get a chance to get out and use it. Thanks again Terry.

You are very welcome.

Back