Hell Razor 2 With A One-Time-Only Special Offer! ...Coming This Wed. 5/20/2020 At 9:00 PM Eastern!!!

The actual knife had a green coating and I have no #%! idea where it is. Thanks for keeping me honest that's so important these days. I fixed the first post for ya LOL
@Tony G Tony, if you only had one, I think I have it! I’ll dig into the safe when I get home and see...

What’s the weight on this one?

Stout. Well balanced. Not a fighter. But could be a good combat or survival blade. In my opinion.

It isn’t Bushcraft. It isn’t a “choppah.” It’s a heavy duty knife, without overbearing.

All that being said, I can try to weigh my comp finish tomorrow. But the last call on the BIG DC already dropped. You better get on it if you think you might be interested. Otherwise, go for coated. Or comp. The BIG DC is the steal deal though.

Stout. Well balanced. Not a fighter. But could be a good combat or survival blade. In my opinion.

It isn’t Bushcraft. It isn’t a “choppah.” It’s a heavy duty knife, without overbearing.

All that being said, I can try to weigh my comp finish tomorrow. But the last call on the BIG DC already dropped. You better get on it if you think you might be interested. Otherwise, go for coated. Or comp. The BIG DC is the steal deal though.
I was thinking coated or comp anyway so that’s not an issue. The weight is a big factor for me though as I don’t want to have a medium size blade that weighs a ton. By the looks of it I would be more happy with it if it had a much higher grind. Awesome overall design though.

Ordered the Big DC finish with black/tan G-10. Is it ready yet?? How do you guys cope with the waiting? Guess I’ll have to play with the cold steel war hawk until this beaut comes. Is it bad forum etiquette to post up pics of other stuff on a thread?
BBB199-F4-2-BE7-489-B-9581-E11-B5845-A066.jpg

Nice hawk.

Hellrazor is THE BUSSE non chopper that brought me to the trough. Owned a full flat ground one for a while. Looking forward to this one though.

I'm in for a DC and tan canvas. Hopefully I'll get some money put away for when the ding happens. Hopefully...............

I was thinking coated or comp anyway so that’s not an issue. The weight is a big factor for me though as I don’t want to have a medium size blade that weighs a ton. By the looks of it I would be more happy with it if it had a much higher grind. Awesome overall design though.
I'm gonna grind the heck out of the shoulder for sure.

Could someone explain the BIG DC coating for me? I am not familiar with it.
If I recall correctly, the Big DC is a "Double Cut" finish, I had the NMFSH Double cut, and it looked like a fine bead blasted finish, not actually a coating.
But, I could be wrong.

I ordered the Hell Razor 2 in Big DC with Maroon Canvas Micarta, just like the one in the first picture of this thread.

If I recall correctly, the Big DC is a "Double Cut" finish, I had the NMFSH Double cut, and it looked like a fine bead blasted finish, not actually a coating.
But, I could be wrong.

I ordered the Hell Razor 2 in Big DC with Maroon Canvas Micarta, just like the one in the first picture of this thread.

Yes, BIG DC stands for Busse Industrial Grade Double Cut. And yes it's a two stage bead blast to a very smooth and fine finish. It's a really really nice finish.

Yes, BIG DC stands for Busse Industrial Grade Double Cut. And yes it's a two stage bead blast to a very smooth and fine finish. It's a really really nice finish.

To expand on that just a bit, the "BIG" means (or originally meant) that it is not finished quite to the same standard as the regular version. That's what the "industrial grade" was supposed to mean. Thus, BIG Satin might be a bit rougher than standard satin. And the same for BIG DC.

That said, I don't see a difference in finish between the recent BIG DC blades and older ones with just plain DC.

I've just barely resisted.
It's so hard to resist. I've almost placed an order today.
But I want Mistress. This is my target. I have to resist the temptation. Mistress is a must. I want it. Let's not lose focus.. (please..)

I am thinking about getting a Spec-ops Combat Master Sheath for the Big DC I ordered, does anyone know if it will definitely fit?
Thanks!!!

I am thinking about getting a Spec-ops Combat Master Sheath for the Big DC I ordered, does anyone know if it will definitely fit?
Thanks!!!
With the plastic insert from the factory, the HR2 JUST won't fit. I took the insert it and three knife will "fit" with a little room to spare for an insert or something to keep it from cutting the sheath body.
Perhaps if you worked at flattening the factory insert to accommodate for the knife's height (spine to edge, just needs a few mm's) or get a custom insert, it might work. But by the time you get a spec ops and a custom insert, you'd be paying more than a custom kydex sheath anyways... That why I didn't go that route.... I do have an extra Spec Ops in the drawer somewhere, so when mine arrives I'll try re-forming that plastic to see if it'll work.

I have a TGULB that fits into that sheath. It has nearly identical specs to the HR2.
Yeah the length and thickness are fine, but the HR2 is just a tad taller from spine to edge... And *almost* fits, but not quite, workout modification as from factory.

Back