Hellbender Leather Launch

Hey all, just wanted to let you know I launched a new little venture making leather goods primarily focused on dog collars. Check out Hellbender Leather on Instagram for more info and photos. As some of you may know, our great Friend Rick Lowe got me started on leather bending a few years back at Trackrock and once I saw the stuff my wife was buying for Bruno I decided on making all of his collars. Well, one thing leads to the next and once all the family and neighbors pets have collars this thing had to go somewhere...I don't do well sitting in idle and I now have a small shop of leather tools where I'm making collars and other Leather items to order. Would love nothing more to keep the Fiddleback Fourlegged Friends thread on page one with shots of your pets in Hellbender Leather. Thanks Andy for encouraging me to post here and I hope this endeavor will also help keep me more engaged with this awesome community.

Cheers,

Justen

IMG_5354.JPG IMG_5156.jpg IMG_4913.JPG IMG_5567.jpg IMG_5116.JPG

Congrats! Good luck, branding is very cool and the collars look great. Based on what pet owners near me spend on their pets, you should do very well.

Ok, maybe I missed something buddy. But I gotta know, how did you come up with the brand name?? :)

Cool stuff and congrats! I hope to order one if you make something in hot pink for my princess rotte. Southern Gent Southern Gent

Man, those look great Justen. I want one for Ivey. She's 13.5" around the neck. Make hers carry a burbon barrell, and I want to put a North American Arms pistol on her collar too. She's gangsta.

Ok, maybe I missed something buddy. But I gotta know, how did you come up with the brand name?? :)

Cool stuff and congrats! I hope to order one if you make something in hot pink for my princess rotte. Southern Gent Southern Gent

Sure thing, I can make Rotte a fine setup. Pink it is! As far as the name goes I wanted something that could relate to the outdoors and I wanted an animal incorporated so that I could have some sort of a "mascot" for anything I may come up with down the road. I caught a few Hellbender Salamanders as a kid in the North Ga mountains and since leather workers are called leather benders I just put the two together and it seemed to work. Here was the first logo I thought of, which translated horribly to a stamp, but with some refinement may work better on a sticker, T-shirt, ect. I really do appreciate the support, I get a good deal of enjoyment making things with my hands and selling some of the items I make helps keep me in my "habits". :)

Attachments

• HL Logo Old.JPG
    HL Logo Old.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Man, those look great Justen. I want one for Ivey. She's 13.5" around the neck. Make hers carry a burbon barrell, and I want to put a North American Arms pistol on her collar too. She's gangsta.

Ha, Fiddleback Fiddleback Andy, Ivey's collar will be a harness that has capacity for a Jacob Bromwell flask, sheath for a Fiddleback, pistol up to 9mm and will have "If you are close enough to read this you have just lost a finger" stamped on it.

IMG_6002.JPG IMG_6003.JPG IMG_5993.JPG

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has been supporting Hellbender Leather since kicking off the brand. I really appreciate all the follows, likes and forwarding of photos helping with brand awareness. I've been busy making collars, but I still am bushcraft at heart, so I made an axe sling I'll offer up here for a few folks who may be interested. The sling is made from Wickett & Craig and designer Italian leathers with Japanese made brass hardware. Edges are double dyed, the grain side of the leather has multiple coats of neatsfoot oil and the flesh side is treated and smoothed for water repellency and comfort. The top strap will fit tighter around the handle than the photo and I've added a bit more of a tag end. I'll make 5 of these for now and if you want a matching collar to go with it I can add that to the order. The sling is $70 shipped. The matching collar will be $30. This is going to be a forum only offer, as a big thanks for the support. First 5 to respond here can claim a sling/collar. Axe shown in the photo is a Hoffman Camp Axe with 19" handle.

Cheers,

Justen

Southern Gent Southern Gent

PLATINUM or GOLD - Platinum or Gold members are allowed to post in any of the Individual For Sale or Trade forums. They may sell items in the For Sale By Individuals, and can list items for Trade as well. They cannot sell items they have made, for that you will require a Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider membership, no exceptions.

Forum Rules SG

Now that life is taking on a more normal cadence, I wanted to update everyone on where I'm at with the Hellbender brand and what I have to offer. I've been wanting a space of my own for a couple of years now and after a few months work during COVID I was able to get my own dedicated shop in for Hellbender leather. Besides the dog collars, which has been my staple, I really enjoy working with all of you to make unique and personal sheaths for your Fiddleback and Fiddle Family knives. Here are a few more recent ones and the Loner sheath in natural is available if you like it. Please just send me a DM. Really glad to be able to log in and catch up a little and hopefully we'll be speaking more often.

1XzVDs9.jpg

jlBANPt.jpg

ALd0SQ0.jpg

N95VX4g.jpg

CoYZclS.jpg

Last edited:
Back