Hellcats

52100 deserves and needs better HT than done with a torch !!!
Skeletonizing is better with a few large holes rather than many small ones ! Just leave 1/8" between holes and hole to edge.

I own one of these Hellcats and they are Absolutely Perfect
Best knife for price I`ve seen in quite awhile.
Definately going to buy another

52100 deserves and needs better HT than done with a torch !!!
Skeletonizing is better with a few large holes rather than many small ones ! Just leave 1/8" between holes and hole to edge.
From his description and pictures, I'm pretty sure he is referring to drawing back the temper on the handle with a torch.

Some more pictures...
After tempering in electric oven, i clean the blades with sandpaper to see temper colors, and do final tempering with torch while part of the blade is dipped in water.

9zq5ut.jpg

2qatnyo.jpg

Today, after first sharpening, i did some blade testing and all went well.
Made a short video (part of testing)

[video=youtube;Egpz6C6oRAM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egpz6C6oRAM[/video]

Thanks for watching.

Cool. You can tell customers that you make knives with "balls". :D

I thought about that... :D Thanks!

I own one of these Hellcats and they are Absolutely Perfect
Best knife for price I`ve seen in quite awhile.
Definately going to buy another

Thank You! Glad You like it.

From his description and pictures, I'm pretty sure he is referring to drawing back the temper on the handle with a torch.

You're right. I use torch after HT, to additionally heat knife tang. I don't use it for heat treatment itself.

I am Still looking forward to getting my hands on one of your knives.
I need to sell a knife or two of mine to have the spare cash.

I am Still looking forward to getting my hands on one of your knives.
I need to sell a knife or two of mine to have the spare cash.

Thank You. No worries, i make them all the time :)

One of those three is finished. Walnut burl with horizontal carry.

fin1_zps2kibph5a.jpg

fin2_zpskrbkq5mm.jpg

I don't post a whole lot, but I had to log in to say; this is absolutely awesome. The story that goes with it makes these some really great pieces. Good job!

Jason

I don't post a whole lot, but I had to log in to say; this is absolutely awesome. The story that goes with it makes these some really great pieces. Good job!

Jason

Thank You Jason.

Daado awesome, I love your ball bearing blades!

So cool! I will stay tuned to keep seeing you use piece of that tank! Be careful out there.

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

New batch, cleaned and rough profiled.

newbatch_zps1ez3cof5.jpg

Somehow no one has the biggest question of this thread; where the heck in all of God's creation did you find that tank! Wish I lived where you do.....

How can one buy one of these knives? I have a friend that was armor and would probably be interested in a knife that ties to his tank days in combat.

How can one buy one of these knives? I have a friend that was armor and would probably be interested in a knife that ties to his tank days in combat.

Just shoot Dalibor (That's his name) an email or visitors message with your email or contact info, please keep in mind that he lives in Croatia and his clock is 6 hours ahead of ours.

That being said, he is a Great guy to work with and does Everything in his power to accommodate your requests and is Very easy to communicate with.
-------
Just to make it easier on all parties involved, I send my measurements in "mm" as opposed to inches. Just use an online conversion calculator to ease translation of dimensions.

No problem. I am having a knife built by Dalibor as we speak. Just waiting to decide on liner color.

I have one of his non " Hellcat" blades of the same style. Very nice useful knife.

Somehow no one has the biggest question of this thread; where the heck in all of God's creation did you find that tank! Wish I lived where you do.....

It's the benefit of living in strange places... You never know what you'll find tomorrow :)

Thanks for kind comments guys. Much appreciated

Back