Hello and BTW M.U.C.K.s in stock at KSF

I just saw KSF post the M.U.C.K.s on their website. I wondered what in the heck is that? Did a bit of research and placed and order for one with a black G10 handle. Looks like a good knife and a lot of loyal customers in this forum.

I'm not super active but have been hanging out on the Fiddleback Forge forum lately. Looking forward to receiving my first Koster.

Yes - KSF has been waiting just as long for theirs too.

The good news is, now that that order is finished, I have started back on custom MUCK orders.

Thanks for your patience, guys! I have had a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff going on with these...and it's a relief to finally have them going out the door.

:thumbup:

Dan (or Daniel)

I have never heard of your knives before I received the KSF email but I am drawn to the MUCK in terms of I think it would be my perfect camp knife as well. My only concern is the skeletonized handle. I am very close to purchasing one but I'm curious as to what these knives have been put through to ensure that the knife will not break.

Also, what type of warranty do your knives have? I tried to find it on your website but I wasn't sure.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and respond. I really like the aesthetics of your knife.

You break it, I'll replace it.

The tang, despite being skeletonized, is still stronger than a hidden tang. To give you a frame of reference.

You'd be hard pressed to break the MUCK on the tang. The steel is somewhat thick (~0.210"), I leave plenty of steel around the cutouts, and there are no hard corners in the cutouts (a common place for stress fractures to arise).

Thanks for asking!

Enjoy!

I'm not one to post on a lot of threads. Mostly just look for knives to buy, but while waiting on some knives from Dan I take the opportunity to snatch up most everything of his I can find.

I have beat a bushmaster near to death with no ill effects, (also has a skeleton tang).

Got a MUCK in the mail yesterday from KSF, put a bright shiny convexed edge on it, and looking forward to beating the crap out of it more than I've been able to in 24 hours. In terms of balance/feel and first impressions, it exceeded my expectations. I didn't know what to expect quite honestly, but it feels amazing and chops even better.

It's a beast, don't have to worry about strength. Only problem I'm facing is whther to order a second while they are still available. Decisions decisions...

You break it, I'll replace it.

The tang, despite being skeletonized, is still stronger than a hidden tang. To give you a frame of reference.

You'd be hard pressed to break the MUCK on the tang. The steel is somewhat thick (~0.210"), I leave plenty of steel around the cutouts, and there are no hard corners in the cutouts (a common place for stress fractures to arise).

Thanks for asking!

Enjoy!

I appreciate your response Dan. I just ordered one of them from KSF.

This knife really does look exactly like what I have been looking for.

I'm not one to post on a lot of threads. Mostly just look for knives to buy, but while waiting on some knives from Dan I take the opportunity to snatch up most everything of his I can find.

I have beat a bushmaster near to death with no ill effects, (also has a skeleton tang).

Got a MUCK in the mail yesterday from KSF, put a bright shiny convexed edge on it, and looking forward to beating the crap out of it more than I've been able to in 24 hours. In terms of balance/feel and first impressions, it exceeded my expectations. I didn't know what to expect quite honestly, but it feels amazing and chops even better.

It's a beast, don't have to worry about strength. Only problem I'm facing is whther to order a second while they are still available. Decisions decisions...

Thank you for chiming in, friend. :)

Dan,

I see that you're in Arkansas? I live in Arkansas now as well. :)

I've beat the ever living snot out of my BushMaster which is also skeletonized and in the same thickness of 3v. To date the only damage I've been able to do to the blade is put a chip in the edge when I found some quartz rock embedded in the wood while battening out chunks of fatwood. I need to go pick up a MUCK while I can to match my BushMaster. It's one I've wanted for a couple years now.

Got mine today after the usps took it on a roundabout journey. It is amazing in person. Can't wait to use it.

Dan (or Daniel)

I have never heard of your knives before I received the KSF email but I am drawn to the MUCK in terms of I think it would be my perfect camp knife as well. My only concern is the skeletonized handle. I am very close to purchasing one but I'm curious as to what these knives have been put through to ensure that the knife will not break.

Also, what type of warranty do your knives have? I tried to find it on your website but I wasn't sure.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and respond. I really like the aesthetics of your knife.

I would not sit up at night worrying about breaking a MUCK because it has a skeletonized tang. Look at the tang on a Ka-Bar; it is thin and the stock is 5/32". I have met only one guy who has ever broken a Ka-Bar. He is a retired Army SPECWAR player and he broke the Ka-Bar in Iraq, doing "something" with it that happens in a war zone.

I don't think we mere mortals have to worry about snapping the blade off of a MUCK. ;-)

If you break one these you will probably be more worried about the injury you just received by doing something real stupid with it!

Back