Hello Family bllades, can you guys help me identify this tactical Buck knife.

I've had this since I was in the military back in the late 1980s. I was just wondering what modle it is and what it might be worth, I'm thing about a $100 or two. Thanks guys.

fl75.jpg

1itw.jpg

deb6.JPG

34rb.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. That's a Buck 185 as noted at the base of the blade. Also know as the Buckmaster Lite. As far as value goes you have to be at least a gold member to ask about value/pricing. Check out the big auction site for some completed auctions and you should get some ideas. Nice knife!

P.S. The < beside the 185 is a date code for 1986 so that is when your knife was made.

Its also known as the Model 185, BuckMaster LT, and from PHROBIS the Utility-Master. Made from Jan 1986 till Oct 1989 but ALL were stamped with the 1986 date code stamp the same one that is on your blade. Only 6038 est. were made. All of the Factory Blades were media blasted like yours. The value has always been low and for the life of me I cant figure that out especially since the BuckMaster 184 had over 100,000 made and only 6038 of this model. Maybe one day the value of this knife will hit the market as it should. Hope this helps.

I have one. Always liked it better than the hollow handle version, just because it didn't have a hollow handle and short tang.

Dsc00120.jpg

Rich......thank you personally for all that info.

Now do you think you have time to appraise a rental I have.....lol
great job friend.....impressive.

Back