Hello, from a Cheesehead.

Figgered its time I said Hi. Been lurking off and on for a few months, and have enjoyed it much. Seems to be a good bunch here, and a whole HEAP of knife know-how! I've always had an interest in knives, but not a lot of knowledge. Guns have taken up most of my hobby time since I was a boy ..... time to broaden my horizons. As a relative newbie to this subject matter, I have more questions than smarts, but I'll try not to be a pest. Cheers! :)

Welcome Phlatinum, I don't think there are many who use this forum.
I usually come here when I want to be alone, so imagine my suprise to fine someone here.
Anyway, welcome. It's a fun place.

GD

Welcome Cheeehead! I am a newbie to this forum too... I am also a native 'cheesehead"...until recently when my work forced me and my wife to become FIBs (Iowa variety). So...boondocks you say? I assume north, but are you from the N. East or N. West side? I am from Rice Lake / Turtle Lake area originally, moved to the coast for a while, came back to live in Stevens Point for some time, and now I'm in Iowa.

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. Guess I came in through the back door ... typical newbie, huh?! This must be where the lawnmower blades and such are kept. (?)

Rigormootis ... I lived in Independence, Iowa very briefly and long ago. Fishing holes and Packer games were scarce, but the people there were great .... super down-to-earth and friendly. Rice Lake is nice.(!) I occasionally get over there and to Birchwood, visiting the gun shops. I live in north-central WI, east of the Twin Cities (you know ... Loretta and Draper). :D Been here 22 years, but grew up pretty close to Stevens Point.

Ya hey der Phlatinum! Welcome from a neighboring flatlander who considers himself a cheesehead, with the exception of being a Packer fan. (go BEARS!) My dad's side of the family was originally from Ogema and Prentice. My Great-grandfather built the church in Ogema. (I think) It has been awhile since I've heard that story. My mom currently lives near LacDuFlambeau. Nice country if you ask me. I would probably live up there, but the job keeps me here. Welcome!

Hey der back atcha, Mongo. Small world, 'specially when da truck's broke down. Lacka jobs keeps a whole bunch of folks away from here. If I had any sense, I'd leave too, so ... looks like I'm here to stay! Thanks for the welcome.

Back