Hello

Good to see you posting, John. I pray that it turns out to be nothing. That promise to Hanna should be more than enough to motivate you to get through this. You were there for her, now she is there for you!

Becky is the smart one, she and her husband are doing everything possible to help us. She does all the driving to Chicago and is working with Medicare to get a better policy. I’m stupid when it comes to that stuff.

stick with the actual medicare plans managed by SSA - the medicare advantage plans managed by 3rd parties such as Aetna cost less per month, but don't cover nearly as many services. after Dad's bypass, Aetna only covered 4 days of inpatient rehab - same with his pulmonary embolism, and they wouldn't pay a dime for his memory care.

Hello, John if you see this. I posted a few of knife pics in the picture thread to let You know how much I like my knives As per Simplejack’s thoughtful idea. I also wanted to show how far and wide your work has gone and hope to have some pics added by others to show the impact your knives have had on A LOT of customers…..but mostly FOJ…..Friends Of John!!! :thumbsup:;)

All the tests today came back good, I’m healing from the surgery well. The visit I’m worried about is the one in December.
I’m down to 205 lbs and I’m 6’2”, that’s 7 lbs more than I was in high school. I was 245 a few months ago.

Ha, similar to Bill, the doc says lose a few lbs...6'3" and 210 is apparently overweight! And yes, it is mostly the beer belly, so I can't argue too adamantly.

It is good to hear you're healing well. To me that means your overall health is good. Try not to fret too much about the next Dr. visit as you can only control so many things in your life.

Thats good news.... We are cheering for ya!!!

Hopefully the loss in weight will ease your moving around and getting active again..... Keep up the good work.

Good to hear that John!

I'm glad the most recent visit had good news for you. 🙂

Instead of worrying, I'd recommend focusing on keeping healthy weight on and taking care of anything else that positively contributes to you and your health. Worry just robs us of our individual happiness.

I miss being here as often as I used to be around. Miss the gatherings we used to do too.

My continued prayers, thoughts being sent in your direction.

Back