Help a fellow out knife knuts

I've been browsing a few days on my favorite sights in search of a new knife. I just can't seem to find anything that pops out.
I'm looking for some recommendations from you people. I have to be missing something. There's always a knife I want in my price range. I've carried all of the many knives I have for a good bit each, the ones I like at least. I want something new to go to for a while then switch back to another. I rotate about once every couple months.

Criteria:
Try to keep it under $250 I'm not a big money buyer
Under 4" Blade. I don't need a sword.
Looking for a locking blade this time for a main carry.
Not too picky on brands. I'm looking for something new to catch my eye.

That's about it, have at it :D If not I'll just keep looking and carry my trusty Para 2. I can always go to that knife and love it every time. It's my rebound knife.

image.jpg

Buck Marksman 830. 154CM, alum. Handle, caged pivot bearings, flipper, ancient pick lock, pocket clip and LT warranty under $100. My current EDC.

I would take a look at the Boker Plus lineup, and also a look at Kizer, a new company located in China. The newest folder I got, this past Thursday, is a Dendra Deer Hunter and I am very impressed with the overall knife. The best part is that the prices are very modest, and you sure do get your money's worth with these companies.

I would take a look at the Boker Plus lineup, and also a look at Kizer, a new company located in China. The newest folder I got, this past Thursday, is a Dendra Deer Hunter, made by LionSteel of Italy, and I am very impressed with the overall knife. The best part is that the prices are very modest, and you sure do get your money's worth with any of these companies.

I would take a look at the Boker Plus lineup, and also a look at Kizer, a new company located in China. The newest folder I got, this past Thursday, is a Dendra Deer Hunter, made by LionSteel of Italy, and I am very impressed with the overall knife. The best part is that the prices are very modest, and you sure do get your money's worth with any of these companies.

I'm trying to figure out what Cutter17 would take a look at??:D

But speaking of Boker. The Kwaiken is one I would own by now if they made the clip swapable for LH carry.
Also the TiSpine from Lionsteel is definitely eye-catching

What other knives do you already have so we are not making redundant suggestions?

Personally I would say a ZT 550 but that's just me. :)

The Spyderco Sage 2 titanium-slabbed folder is one of my very favorites. I've had many folders. I do love the PM2 and its compression lock that you have and collected them at one point; now down to a couple of cheap ones.
I like the Sage2 because the smooth titanium always feels so good to hold. I'm also a fan of CRK ti slabbed folders.
The Sage2 has a good steel, S30V. The blade is strong and leaf-shaped for strength, flat-ground to slice well, is just barely under three inches to make it legal in most jurisdictions. The closed length is 4.22" which is long enough that I can hold it well in my large hand. It has a guarded choil with jimping that is a natural to put your index finger in...safely, if you want to do fine control with close-up work. Doing this also gives you then a longer "effective" handle-length. I really love this knife.
I'm also fond of Caly3's and have carried them in the past for several yrs as an office knife. Non-threatening blade; very effective, can be had in various steels such as VG-10, Super Blue and ZDP-189. Very nice alternative.
Both of these knives are economical...~$150 for the Sage2, and less for the Caly 3 depending on choice of blade-steel.

I have no ZT's and I'm not really fond of their desings.
I was thinking about a Sage 2 or the Domino actually. I have a sage 1 and 3. Maybe I should work on completing the set.
Maybe saving specifically for a Sebenza or another microtech otf

I didn't want to take the time to put down what I have already either, it'd take too long. It's mostly a Kershaw Spyderco collection with some others sprinkled in there.

Any gentleman like folders you guys like?

I keep coming back to the domino though, but I'm not sure if I want to drop 200 on that knife. I'm not sure why but I just can't pull the trigger and buy it on an impulse.

I'd also suggest something with an AXIS lock if you haven't tried it yet. The 710, 94x series, Rift, or the new Hunt series would be good examples in your price and size range. A. G. Russell has some nice gentleman's folders with a unique lock ("One-Hand Knife", I think he calls them?) and made with good materials. Cold Steel's triad lock might be fun to try and not too expensive.

Hogue Wilson Tactical EX-01 Star-Light 3.5" Drop Point:

Wilson Tactical:Hogue Knives Star-Light Knife (3.5" Black).jpg

That's what I'm waiting for. Fits all your requirements.

Spyderco Gayle Bradley. Hogue EX-0x series, Lionsteel SR-1 or 2 Aluminum, Brous Bionic, IF you like Wharncliffs then the Spyderco Yojimbo2. Spyderco Southard and Domino are nice as well.

Swing Guard from Great Eastern Cutlery, or a similar model from Canal Street Cutlery, Boker, or Queen. All are very nicely made with natural handle materials. :thumbup:

Back