Help deciding on Copper or Stainless steel?

ktk

I am thinking to purchase a Hinderer pen. I cannot decide which material should I buy, Copper or Stainless pen.
Does anyone have experience of both materials?

Thanks

I only have aluminum and brass. That said, the copper should change in appearance over time with use (kinda like a penny), whereas the stainless will look the same. Depends a lot on personal preference.

The copper pen has a stainless strike tip...

I like the look of the copper and brass because they don't look as ordinary imo.

Copper for me... so far.:)

Copper is going to react to everything, and develope it's own character. I carry front pants pocket and it has really slicked and shined up nicely. A few character marks from being drop, no real patina except for under the cap, and a few spots in the grooves. If they sit untouched it will darken up a few shades. If you want something more durable, and show less wear, SS.

I am thinking to purchase a Hinderer pen. I cannot decide which material should I buy, Copper or Stainless pen.
Does anyone have experience of both materials?

Thanks

For some it's a matter of weight and "feel" tough to discern via the internet or descriptions. You may have to get one of each:)
SS will be weighty and durable (Brass is weighty too) Aluminum is really light (obviously Ti too)
Copper is certainly a beautiful (unusual) look.
I don't think you can make a mistake unless you hit the wrong weight for your liking.

Thanks for all ideas. I will take Copper as I love the look and feel when it gets patina and wears.

Back