Off Topic Help finding the thread from the felt belt man

hello! I’m terrible at using the search format. I think it was six months ago?? A gent here offered free Felt edge finishing belts. There were really a super Fine scotch brute material , he sent me one and it worked great until it stretched out from my heavy use with sharpening———-//———————-I wish to purchase another one and can’t find the thread! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If these are the same ones, I checked with 3M and the only way you can get them in 2x72 size is to order a minimum of 10 through places like Grainger. If anyone can find them individually for sale or want to go in on some let me know.

Screen Shot 2019-02-10 at 2.26.14 PM.jpg

Supergrit has a fine and superfine, each for $13. Not sure if it is 3m or not. They also have felt polishing belts.

Supergrit has a fine and superfine, each for $13. Not sure if it is 3m or not. They also have felt polishing belts.
Their felt belts are true felt, much different than the yellow belts the op is referring to :)

Reactions: TLR
Is there any way to get a hold of him to order more.

Thanks Laurence, if you hear anything back let me know, I would like to try a 2x72 belt if they're still available.
Scott, I haven’t heard anything back from Andrew? He may not work there or the company went toes up or both?——-He sent me a company card that I will dig for tomorrow ?? Did anyone else get a card and perhaps keep it? Please let me/us know the company name & number! It’s a A great working product.

I actually got a hold of Andrew a few days ago at Fintech and he sent on of the yellow 2x72 belts to try and a I tried it last night and it seem to be a grit free version of a scotch write belt that you add your own compound to. Anyhow it's a a very nice product and offers more flexibility over standard course, medium, and fine scotch brite belts. But more importantly we emailed back and forth a bit and he will be trying to make these belts available to public ASAP.

I actually got a hold of Andrew a few days ago at Fintech and he sent on of the yellow 2x72 belts to try and a I tried it last night and it seem to be a grit free version of a scotch write belt that you add your own compound to. Anyhow it's a a very nice product and offers more flexibility over standard course, medium, and fine scotch brite belts. But more importantly we emailed back and forth a bit and he will be trying to make these belts available to public ASAP.
In Blending Mi??

I'm a day late and a dollar short - The company is Fintech Abrasives Industries, Belding, MI, and the gentleman was Andrew ( I can't find his last name).
https://www.fintechabrasives.com/sanding-belts/ceramic-sanding-belts

I don't think they ever went public with these belts.

Other people sell the same type thing as "surface conditioning belts". You want the ones called SS or polishing with no abrasive. You charge them with compound. I forget what company I saw that carried them.

I'm a day late and a dollar short - The company is Fintech Abrasives Industries, Belding, MI, and the gentleman was Andrew ( I can't find his last name).
https://www.fintechabrasives.com/sanding-belts/ceramic-sanding-belts

I don't think they ever went public with these belts.

Other people sell the same type thing as "surface conditioning belts". You want the ones called SS or polishing with no abrasive. You charge them with compound. I forget what company I saw that carried them.
Stacy, thank you kindly for finding that info for me/us.....:thumbsup:

Back