Help! Fox 599 Karambit or Emerson Combat Karambit?

Let me explain,

At the beginning of this month I purchased a Fox 599 Karambit on eBay and I know these are pretty hard to come by without dealing with those supposedly terrible business people from theultimatefightingknife.com.
After waiting way past the date when the knife was supposed to get here I tried to cancel the order of the 599 because I thought it was a scam, I had a long dispute with the seller until last night when the knife arrived and it just turns out it was USPS's fault.

Anyways I have this unopened package here because while I thought that the 599 would never arrive I decided I would get my money back and buy an Emerson Combat Karambit which is why I'm having the following dilemma:

Should I keep the 599 I went through so much trouble getting, which I know is hard to come by without waiting months on end? Or should I get my money back and get an Emerson which has more features that I like? I do eventually want to have both in my knife collection and I feel the 599 is going to be much harder to find later on unlike the Emerson which I feel will always be around?

P.S. I won't be able to buy another knife until like 6 months from now when I'm completely done paying off my credit card so my decision now is gonna have to be a knife I'm gonna completely be in love with for the next several months.

What would you do?!

Thanks!

I'd get the Spyderco Karahawk...

[video=youtube_share;XFxFNMHCk8g]http://youtu.be/XFxFNMHCk8g[/video]

I have a feeling that one will be around for years to come and I could wait it out ad it will still be available.

What would you do in my situation?

I would guess, and its only a guess, that the Emerson will be here longer... That being said the Emerson is tough to get because its made in small batches...

Even though I would prefer the Emerson I think in Your situation you should keep the fox. Especially is you plan on having both some day. Atleast open that bad boy up and check it out!

Personally, I prefer the Fox to the Emerson. The 599 just felt better made than the Emerson karambits I've handled. That said, I think it's personal preference more than anything.

I'd keep the Fox, you're right about them being difficult to procure. Be wary of fakes also, I've seen many.

Emerson combat hands down, I have one and love it. I have heard horror stories on Fox customer service and quality.

I remember reading some members here had some issues with the pocket clip on the 599 (screws coming out). Do these knives continue to have these issues or have they been resolved? I'm interested in getting one as well so any info about build quality would be useful. The Emerson and Spyderco options are out of my league for now.

What about the 5.11 tactical Cub Master 2 Tarani? does anyone have any experience with that?

the 5.11 karambit is an amazing knife, with s30v steel:) If you can find one of these I highly suggest it.

the 5.11 karambit is an amazing knife, with s30v steel:) If you can find one of these I highly suggest it.

Sadly it's not waved :( but for the price point the S30V karambit is pretty awesome.

Do you think that someone here on the forums could wave it?

Sadly it's not waved :( but for the price point the S30V karambit is pretty awesome.

Do you think that someone here on the forums could wave it?

You can always do it with a ziptie. The 599 is known to have a pretty weak lock, so I'd avoid it. Not so sure about the emerson since their QC is spotty.

Fox isnt bad , and its half the price of Emerson . Fox has longer handle so you you can hold it without using ring , Emerson has titanium liners and feels thicker . We have in stock fox479, fox590 and Emerson you can see better photos on our site , or I can post photos side by side if want.

Back