Help, got the itch for flipper.

I know you asked for frame lock, but since you were considering the Steel Will Cutjack, how about the Cold Steel Ultimate Hunter for another under budget option? Even though the knife is manufactured in Taiwan, supposedly the steel and G10 handles are American made.

41LYGJxrjGL._SY300_.jpg

I have recently tried a couple of Kizer knives, after hearing good things. I am very impressed with fit and finish. I wouldn't rule them out completely.

BTW. The OP said his preference was for American made, but he did consider a Chinese knife due to the price.

I know you asked for frame lock, but since you were considering the Steel Will Cutjack, how about the Cold Steel Ultimate Hunter for another under budget option? Even though the knife is manufactured in Taiwan, supposedly the steel and G10 handles are American made.

How is that in any way a flipper?

Wow, many great responses. Thanks to all. I've never even heard of that CH. Looks interesting. You guys have given me lots of research to do.

One gentleman commented he's never had his zt0562cf pivot loosen on him. Is that the general consensus out of the owners in this thread?

I handled a few zt0566's years ago and they felt good but they were very stiff. Much harder to open then a Kershaw speed safe. Have they dialed in this action in recent yrs?

Last edited:
Wow, many great responses. Thanks to all. I've never even heard of that CH. Looks interesting. You guys have given me lots of research to do.

One gentleman commented he's never had his zt0562cf pivot loosen on him. Is that the general consensus out of the owners in this thread?

I handled a few zt0566's years ago and they felt good but they were very stiff. Much harder to open then a Kershaw speed safe. Have they dialed in this action in recent yrs?
I also have only one example but my 0562 has no issues with the pivot. I haven't adjusted it once for the last 10 months. So I can't say you won't get one with an issue but if I can help with my experience, I will because it's an awesome knife!

I've never even heard of that CH
Don't get ch knives. They clone and copy design language. There newest knife in development is a ripoff of the millet knives torrent. And they have several other clones. Bad company not idea to support.

Don't get ch knives. They clone and copy design language. There newest knife in development is a ripoff of the millet knives torrent. And they have several other clones. Bad company not idea to support.

I agree. I just read the review a gentleman posted in this thread. Wouldn't touch with someone else's money. Even if it's quality it seems like the Ganzo route. I'm looking for a quality flipper from a known company. As stated, preferably USA unless something really tickles my fancy and is an unbelievable value.

Even better is if I can drive to GP KNIVES and handle one first.

Reactions: Mo2

Hard to believe anyone one would take it as an issue. Even if some pivots get loose over time, a drop of blue loctite shall take care of the business.

Can you demonstrate this? If you want to make accusations that can harm somebody shouldn't you show evidence?

I agree. I just read the review a gentleman posted in this thread. Wouldn't touch with someone else's money. Even if it's quality it seems like the Ganzo route. I'm looking for a quality flipper from a known company. As stated, preferably USA unless something really tickles my fancy and is an unbelievable value.

Even better is if I can drive to GP KNIVES and handle one first.
So the only way you will trust a knife is to actually handle it first? Have you ever purchased a knife online without touching it first? Ever purchased a knife made in Italy? Germany? France? etc.

Why do you guys always jump in to take a dump on a Chinese knife without any experience? Am I lying about the knife? Are you discounting my experience?

Stop making every thread about your prejudices and judgements over everyone else. This has been beaten to death and you guys are just flogging a dead horse, your high horse.

Not a framelock.... but how about the Buck Marksman? Action is stupidly good, inexpensive (relative to the ZTs), great cutting blade grind, and a steel that is both easy to sharpen and heat treated by Paul Bos.

While reading the original post and before reading any comments I thought the ZT0562CF sounded like the perfect knife for what you are looking. Seems a lot of others think the same thing!

Not a framelock.... but how about the Buck Marksman? Action is stupidly good, inexpensive (relative to the ZTs), great cutting blade grind, and a steel that is both easy to sharpen and heat treated by Paul Bos.
Another great choice. Also, not very common which can be its own charm.

I have the SK Blades version with S35VN steel. Even this "upgraded" variant comes in well below $200 retail.

Last edited:
I would highly suggest the Steel Will Cutjack in M390. American company, knife is made in Italy though. $152 for a stellar knife.
Would suggest the same. The mini has a 3" blade and the regular is a bit longer.

Back