Help, got the itch for flipper.

How about a Benchmade 300.
A flipper but not a frame lock.
154cm steel. BM does a good job with it.
In OP price range.
Made in USA.

Just a thought.

Can you demonstrate this? If you want to make accusations that can harm somebody shouldn't you show evidence?
It's all on there Instagram. And dhgate etc.
It's very real and true. They copy the design language very closely. They also know it too.

Ever considered a Chinese knife? If the location of manufacture isn't a deal breaker, try the reate k1. It has a killer satin grind, marbled carbon fiber inlays, and rwl-34 steel. All for about $400 :cool:

Reactions: Mo2
Lots of great options out there already. Might take look at this one too, especially if you like M4 blade steel. ZT0770CFM4

Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 5.41.11 PM.png

A bit larger than your budget and size, but the zt 804cf is one of the recently discontinued ZT models, and is still available at some retailers. cts 204p steel (virtually similar to m390 and 20cv), carbon fiber on show side, titanium frame lock.

If I didn't already have several ZT models, I probably would have picked one up as soon as they hit the discount.

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Zero-Tolerance-0804CF-Flipper-Knife--34413

Lots of great options out there already. Might take look at this one too, especially if you like M4 blade steel. ZT0770CFM4

View attachment 782085
Man, if there's anything about ZT's DLC, it's pure black. Love it....

Dude (OP), did you buy the ZT yet, or what? :)

Edit: BTW, I have three 0562s, no loosening, stellar feel, fit, and finish. My 0566 was stiff, but deassisted it's very good. That's comparing bearings to friction though.

Double edit: There's a barely used 0562CF in the seller section right now...I have no affiliation whatsoever to the seller.

Last edited:
It's all on there Instagram. And dhgate etc.
It's very real and true. They copy the design language very closely. They also know it too.
OK, went digging on DHGate and found two knives with CH branding that appear to be copies or rip offs of other designs. I am disappointed. His original designs are good and there is no reason to play the copying game. I hope he stops because he is hurting himself, just like Shirgorov did.

So the only way you will trust a knife is to actually handle it first? Have you ever purchased a knife online without touching it first? Ever purchased a knife made in Italy? Germany? France? etc.

Why do you guys always jump in to take a dump on a Chinese knife without any experience? Am I lying about the knife? Are you discounting my experience?

Stop making every thread about your prejudices and judgements over everyone else. This has been beaten to death and you guys are just flogging a dead horse, your high horse.

Dang dude, might wanna relax a bit. Why don't you reread my comment you quoted when cooler heads prevail.

Thanks to all, just got home from work. I'll check out all the wonderful recommendations in the morning. Thanks again.

My personal EDC for the last 3 or so weeks has been the Giantmouse GM3. I know it is a bit over the $150-$200 limit but for me it is worth it. I just really like this knife... I have seen them on the forums for sale quite a bit under it's retail of $325 as well (which, BTW, is where I got mine ;)).
Specs:
Materials:
Blade Steel: Bohler M390 MICROCLEAN stainless steel. Satin finish.
Handle: Titanium GR2. Stonewashed finish.
Liner: Tempered Stainless Steel.
Backspacer, clip and pivot ring: Titanium GR5 anodized bronze.
Pivot Mechanism: Ball bearings.
Locking Mechanism: Liner lock.

Dimensions:
Blade Length: 3.375" (85mm)
Blade Thickness: 0.138" (3.5mm)
Handle Length: 4.5" (114.3mm)
Scales Thickness: 0.118" (3mm)
Liner Thickness: .059" (1.5mm)
Overall Length: 7.75" (196.85mm)
Weight: 3.2 oz (90.7g)

Here's mine for reference...
jZp4awJ.jpg
Loving mine as well.

I mostly have higher end knives, but the two flippers I have that really impressed me, especially for the price. Real Steel Sea Eagle, amazing flipper for under 60 bucks! and a Kizer flipper, I got the mini Dorado, but definitely want to get another, especially since the are one sale right now!! The Kizer has M390 blade with an awesome HT and blade geometry! Got it for under 130!!
Oh, just read the made in US thing. I only have midtechs and customs that are US made, no sub $200 flippers, but I have heard good things about ZT, for the most part.
Protech came out with a flipper. I have only had Auto's from them, but all of my Protech knives are fantastic!! It is a button lock, but I have had some very solid button lock knives.

Last edited:
Spartan Blades Pallas. Just outside your price range, but close enough to be a contender. Action and lockup, spot on. Button lock. Best folder I own. Little big for my tiny hobbit hands, but never leave home without it.

ZT makes one of the nicest flippers I've handled. That would be the 0450 and 0452.
I just wanted a beefier blade so just picked up a 0095.
Spyderco Domino is nice too.

..Heck, I even thought about just getting a Steel Will Cutjack D2 to scratch the itch cheap.
I found that the Mini Cutjack in M390 scratches my flipper itch. Been very pleased with it and sized pretty much right where I prefer my folders. I would assume that I would like the larger regular Cutjack model with the same configuration. The mini is a liner lock. Generally don't care for them, but I like this one. It has been in my back pocket clipped since I got it in October. No complaints what so ever. It is of course Italian made if that makes a difference.

If you are fixed on US made, I'd get the ZT.

I'd like to come up with something unusual and interesting, but really, it's the 0562 from ZT. If you can swing a little extra or are ok with buying used go for the CF version. If not, the g10 version is still a great knife. They've really dialed that model in. I can't think of anything better for anywhere near the price.

If you do want something a bit more unusual though, take a look at the Protech Cambria. I don't have any personal experience with them, but Protech has a phenomenal reputation and works hard to protect it. I can't imagine that model is anything but top notch like all the rest of their products.

Back