Help, I need more knives to sharpen, anyone want to send me some?

Diemaker

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Seriously, I need more knives to sharpen than I have to get more experience with the diamond stones I make for EP, as well as competitors offerings. Everyone I know only has poor quality knives and mine don't need it nearly enough. I only want very hard steel or ceramic knives that diamond is the preferred abrasive for, that you won't freak out about a scratch or haze at the bevel, a fairly straight blade, and hopefully want a polished edge. I use a guided system that is very tight and accurate and strive for the highest quality work. I have been a tool and die maker for close to 30 years so I am used to tight tolerance precision work and will inspect what I do using a real microscope with a USB camera eyepiece. You cover shipping both ways and I will sharpen free of charge in an agreed to time. I have been thinking of this for awhile but found out yesterday that I will be getting a full set of Venev diamond stones to test later this week and no knives that need sharpening!!!

I can use Edge Pro as a reference that I am not a hack and will return your knives. I made the mold for the Apex in 1995 and have been making different production parts starting from around 2000. The parts I currently make are the scissor attachment, Pro carriage, small knife attachment knob, polishing tape holders, and most recently the polishing stones which are now called the new Matrix stones.

Any interest?

Last edited:
I was going to make a different thread, but wth.i was just thinking about having some sample blades made out of different blade steels to gain experience on different types. Have you considered doing something like that? What turn around time are you figuring? I've got a zdp endura I was going to to try your stones on with the passaround but I could help a brother out.

This is an ongoing need I have, and hopefully will for years if I keep developing new sharpening products. I will only get the Venev stones for the weekend, if I'm lucky, EP promised the owner they would send them back soon. I thought about asking for some scrap blades but some sample blades would work too, it just seems weird to take a sharp knife and sharpen it. I can send your knife back in 2 days if you want, possibly 1 if all works out, as long as the post office is open. I prefer to ship USPS because that is what we are set up to use and the nearest post office is 2 miles away, the nearest UPS or Fedex drop locations are 10 and 15 miles away. A small flat rate box, 1-5/8"x 5-3/8"x 8-5/8", is $7.20. Your call, I would be happy to sharpen it or send you the kit, or both. My email address is in the first post of the pass-around thread if you want my shipping address and phone #.
Thank you!

Back