Help ID this Custom Rat

Adam Fischer

Gold Member
Platinum Member
anyone have guesses as to model and steel type?

PV5DNaG.jpg

jrkHMk6.jpg

Just trying to determine if I want it

That's the only one I've seen in that particular configuration. Most of the saber-ground models are coated with machined scales, so that's a nice touch with the satin and smooth scales. Someone went the extra mile when they commissioned that CS model. Nice blade.

That's the only one I've seen in that particular configuration. Most of the saber-ground models are coated with machined scales, so that's a nice touch with the satin and smooth scales. Someone went the extra mile when they commissioned that CS model. Nice blade.

Agreed. That's a pretty rare variant of an awesome knife! :cool:

That looks like convex not saber to me, which would be even more unique

That's obviously a fake. The swamp has never made anything like that. Probably 1095 steel heat treated in a fire pit with blue cocobolo. I'll take it off your hands for 100 bucks. :thumbsup:

Great knife!
Those hand shaped slabs are awesome.
I have always been curious - if I do "handshaping work" on a regular handle, will it be the same thickness as original Busse factory hand shaped knives?

That's obviously a fake. The swamp has never made anything like that. Probably 1095 steel heat treated in a fire pit with blue cocobolo. I'll take it off your hands for 100 bucks. :thumbsup:

Sold!! Send $100 to imachump@untraceable.ru and I’ll make sure to get it right out, if you don’t get it right away don’t worry, it’ll get there eventually.
Your tracking number will be 7

Oh for another $375 I’ll toss in a sheath made out of REAL dragon skin I found while looking for Bigfoot

That looks like convex not saber to me, which would be even more unique

You might be right on the grind C. It's for sure an interesting one-off. Have you ever seen a satin M9 other than the LEs?

I know they offered some variants at shows that weren't released as a production run. I've got a sage/red&black G10 CG model that is FFG rather than saber like the normal CGs. It would be interesting to know the history on this bruiser above.

I can't tell from the pics, they're not showing the blade all that great, but I think that over the years I've seen some CS regrinds from saber to convex.

As to the satin thing, this having a CS logo most likely means that this would not be the case here, there has been a large number of blades that have been 'done' by external craftsmen, Ban Tang, Krein...

Back