Help identify Kizer Nomad mystery knife

Please help, new to this forum.

I just purchased a new Kizer Ki4482A1 Nomad that is unlike any photos or videos I have seen of that model number. The titanium scales are bead blasted all over then shiny gound on the flats like the original version, but the scales have the subtle changes of the second version except there are no drilled and tapped holes for tip down carry. The pocket clip mounts with just two screws vs three and is solid milled vs stamped. The clip is clearly designed for the Nomad, as it has decorative grooves that are milled to precisely match the grooves in the scale. The flipper tab is shaped and located like the new version and the blade is ground like the new one as well. In short it appears to be a second version knife without tip down carry option but with the original version type finish and a milled Nomad specific pocket clip.

The knife appears new and flawless. The action is superb. It came in a really nice black box with Kizer logo and model label affixed. It also included a black Velcro closure bag, Kizer pamphlet and Kizer microfiber cloth.

I have the option to return it since it does not match the photos or description listed where I bought it. Hopefully it is not some unauthorized copy. Any help in identifying this knife is gratefully appreciated.

I will attempt to post photos.

Please help, new to this forum.

The knife appears new and flawless. The action is superb. It came in a really nice black box with Kizer logo and model label affixed. It also included a black Velcro closure bag, Kizer pamphlet and Kizer microfiber cloth.

I will attempt to post photos.

If it came in the new black packaging (slide off sleeve and clamshell opening box) I would say that Kizer and Mr Pinkerton have probably been tweaking it and it's had a few changes; so you've gotten the latest version.

I've seen Kizer eliminate the extra screw holes for the pocket clip on a few models - the Barbosa is one that springs to mind.

Kizer also seem to be getting their actions and detents better lately. I've noticed it on the Gemini and the Intrepids we've been getting. They are much snappier and more consistent with all the knives. The Gemini in particular used to be very inconsistent with some very weak actions.

If it came in the new black packaging (slide off sleeve and clamshell opening box) I would say that Kizer and Mr Pinkerton have probably been tweaking it and it's had a few changes; so you've gotten the latest version.

Thanks for the reply, True Talon.

Yes, it came in a black slide off sleeve, clamshell opening box and black soft case. I have 7 other Kizer titanium frame lock knives and this is my favorite so far. If this is a new version, I think it needs a different model number. I am pleasantly surprised that it is different from all the others I’ve seen and I’ll be keeping it, but I think some people will not be happy when they are expecting a plain gray finish with reversible pocket clip and this flashy finished, non reversible knife shows up. Perhaps I got a box and blade mislabeled with the version two, model number and there is a new version three model number that I am not aware of. It would be great if Dirk Pinkerton or a Kizer representative would comment here.

Unless it's a major design change from other versions, then it wont get a new number.

But post some photos.

Been away for a while. I didn't realize how long.

This is an updated milled clip Kizer is slowly transitioning to for the Bladesmith series. So, as mentioned, won't get a new number. That being said, I have been listening to feedback on my designs and seeing how it fit with my my thoughts and I have submitted some ideas for changes to the Nomad. Kizer has agreed to prototype it and see what the response is. Slim chance it might make SHOT, better chance for Blade and more than likely toward the end of 2019. However, Kizer has surprised me before and delivered things WAAAYYY ahead pf schedule.

Back