Help Identify Two Sebenza's

I have come into am amazing collection of CRK knives and need to identify them specifically. These are mint (new in box) made circa 1996. However, where ever I look it says:

"Originally the Chris Reeve Sebenza was available with a blade of ATS-34 steel. In 1996, the blade material was changed to BG-42 blade steel..."

These however made in 96 with ATS-34 steel, so they don't seem to jibe with the times lines I see.

Can you help me identify them and their approx values?

54516100_10156083521036517_2814844552739815424_n.jpg 54517749_10156083521031517_5738952820086800384_n.jpg 54367084_10156083521041517_8922907485015113728_n.jpg

Edited: one Looks like a large 21 with bloodwood, probably from 2008 or so as it’s a pre-Idaho marked version. Also a large regular sebenza *could* be an original card for one , from either 96-08 look at the scale date codes for more info, as it’s an early one with the flat clip and blasted hardware.

Last edited:
Edited: one Looks like a large 21 with bloodwood, probably from 2008 or so as it’s a pre-Idaho marked version. Also a large regular sebenza *could* be an original card for one , from either 96-08 look at the scale date codes for more info, as it’s an early one with the flat clip and blasted hardware.

I think the card goes with the Ti version. Not sure why it came with two cards. I assume I have to dismantle the knife to see the codes? I'd prefer not to if possible.

I think the card goes with the Ti version. Not sure why it came with two cards. I assume I have to dismantle the knife to see the codes? I'd prefer not to if possible.
If it has codes, you should be able to see them without taking it apart.
Look inside the scale, towards the lanyard hole... should be one on each handle...
Should be a letter and two numbers.

Could you post a photo of the back end of it, towards the lanyard looking inside?

As a late 1996, there's a good chance it has no dates codes. If it doesn't, then one of those birth cards is very likely the correct one for the knife. On the inlayed one, I concur with the comment above. Late 2008-early 2009 with Bloodwood inlays. A sweet one.

If it has codes, you should be able to see them without taking it apart.
Look inside the scale, towards the lanyard hole... should be one on each handle...
Should be a letter and two numbers.

The wood inlay says A 09. The Ti knife has nothing. If it was made in 96, would it gave codes? That one has the box, papers, and card.

As a late 1996, there's a good chance it has no dates codes. If it doesn't, then one of those birth cards is very likely the correct one for the knife. On the inlayed one, I concur with the comment above. Late 2008-early 2009 with Bloodwood inlays. A sweet one.

It looks like you're all correct, inlaid is 09, Ti is early enough for no codes.

Any guess as approx values? Both are mint, only the Ti one has box and cards.

Thanx all!

Value of the Regular is high, as it appears to be mint and complete. I'm not sure exactly how high, but my guess is around 1000. The Bloodwood could fetch 500 on a bad day with a headwind, possibly 100 more. Add the birthcard for that one, and the price goes up.

My guesses are worth what you paid for them, don't take them as gospel. But you have 2 sweet knives there. :)

Value of the Regular is high, as it appears to be mint and complete. I'm not sure exactly how high, but my guess is around 1000. The Bloodwood could fetch 500 on a bad day with a headwind, possibly 100 more. Add the birthcard for that one, and the price goes up.

My guesses are worth what you paid for them, don't take them as gospel. But you have 2 sweet knives there. :)

It's from a collection of a buddy of mine. He's decided to part with his collection and I may purchase all of it (there's many more...) once I get a handle on value. Thanx !

*Edited.
That Regular won't fetch a grand. It is not in mint shape, and not sure if the box for it is original for it or not.

Some of the photos show some handle and blade wear.

I would think considering condition 600 would be a better price.

Last edited:
*Edited.
That Regular won't fetch a grand. It is not in mint shape, and not sure if the box for it is original for it or not.

Some of the photos show some handle and blade wear.

I would think considering condition 600 would be a better price.

There's no handle or blade wear. The matt Ti does take on smudges easily, but that's not wear is it? If not mint than 99.9% mint I guess. Box is original but was nothing special in 96 really. Just a small cardboard box that has a sticker on the top and label on the side.

I'll consider it 1% under mint ;)

Ask your friend how fast does he want to move his knives. The regular with ATS34 will indeed fetch around a grand and the Bloodwood would fetch 600.00. Asking top dollar will reduce the potential buyers. Dropping prices in order to move the collection will be a faster turn over.
If he listed the regular for 800.00, it would be snatched up in no time. 500.00 for the Bloodwood would sell in a heartbeat.
It's hard to determine market price because it all boils down to how much someone is willing to pay for a rare CRK.
If you're looking to make an offer on some of his collection, offer fair market value on the ones you want and that's between you and him.

Ask your friend how fast does he want to move his knives. The regular with ATS34 will indeed fetch around a grand and the Bloodwood would fetch 600.00. Asking top dollar will reduce the potential buyers. Dropping prices in order to move the collection will be a faster turn over.
If he listed the regular for 800.00, it would be snatched up in no time. 500.00 for the Bloodwood would sell in a heartbeat.
It's hard to determine market price because it all boils down to how much someone is willing to pay for a rare CRK.
If you're looking to make an offer on some of his collection, offer fair market value on the ones you want and that's between you and him.

They are part of a larger collection I have purchased. Those are the only two folders. The rest should be easier to figure value on I hope.

Back