Help identifying old Boker

My wife is a German immigrant and my father-in-law gave me this knife when he visited us about 15 years ago. It belonged to my wife's grandfather and based on what my father-in-law said, it should be from the 1930's. The utility blade is stamped "H BOKER & CO SOLINGEN". The hook blade has a lock-back and is stamped with the tree logo.

2ZdmSk0-kbBgMeTrQ3YjqbiuKaGRloNloKWdQEJdJOa3VvChWftre2W2kWhXhlXh5pSVD2omswtaorPovdxgG41v-HUrR4LHnPIzCjFM-jrEBXFAskzG8qNo6HyzBAg6f4e3Chj0wQ=w2400

While I've been working from home during the pandemic, I've been making some semi-custom display cases for family "heirlooms" to decorate my home office. I'm just hoping to get a model name/number and verify the approximate date of manufacture.

Boker has a vast history that goes back to the 17th century. The Solingen factory was destroyed by British bombers during WWII, so most anything before 1945 is from whatever survived. You may be able to find an old catalog or advertisement that has some information. There is a classic model Boker still makes called the "Quadro" which looks very similar to yours.

Last edited:
Back