Help make my new knife Old GAW....sort of

Hello 315 315 , if you still have slots open I have decided that I would like to be in on this. I was thinking the other day, as I was cleaning some of my old family guns, how much the character from decades of use adds to my appreciation of the guns. Obviously, the character added by a Bladeforum friend isn't the same as the character added by generations of family members, but it still makes the knife a well used tool. I'd like to add some use to the story of that knife.

Reactions: 315
Hello 315 315 , if you still have slots open I have decided that I would like to be in on this. I was thinking the other day, as I was cleaning some of my old family guns, how much the character from decades of use adds to my appreciation of the guns. Obviously, the character added by a Bladeforum friend isn't the same as the character added by generations of family members, but it still makes the knife a well used tool. I'd like to add some use to the story of that knife.

I think anyone who offers up should be considered. I was thinking about letting the next recipient decide who gets it next. Maybe someone wants to split their time and only pack it around for two weeks before it moves on? Anything is pretty much good for me. I’ll be interested to see what it gets used for. Since I won’t have it during hunting season somebody else may be able to get a little blood on it:)

And here’s how the rainbows turned out...

585_D1_BE7-5_D82-4260-9_C80-_D5_F2_A16808_E0.jpg

I got her yesterday. She went to work with me today, made a good round. Didn’t get used till I got home. Used it to cut some lemons to make the kids lemon aid. Laid it down, and forgot about it when my folks showed up lol. I’ll try to post newer pic next day or two. Here she is earlier today out on the rail car tracks with my warren.
556FEDFE-F183-4837-A51E-287A09D853B6.jpeg

I'd be happy to give that knife room and board for a month. It didn't look like 12 folks had signed up yet so...

No hunting in my future so feel free to skip me on hunting season if you'd like to try and get some wild animal slicing in.

Sounds fun regardless though.

Reactions: 315
Edit:
I believe in the Travels of Perl thread, (I think that was the name of it) everyone who entered to host Perl had their post number used as their permanant entry number.
A random number generator was used to choose the first host.
When it was time for Perl to move on, that host used a random number generator to pick where Perl went next, using the original entry numbers.

@afishhunter Pearl was my knife @r8shell did the scrimshaw @Cambertree @mrknife and myself conspired with Rachel and got that thread going. Folks signed up to host her and when all her travels are over a winner will be selected by random number generator from the host names with Pearl as the prize.

Making up oil hoses in the shop today for the 33 and she cut up some rubber! Even scored some fiberglass for cutting lines for me. This frontier can be a real workhorse. And the good solid pull means she locks up tight too. I’m impressed. I might have to buy a sister of hers when I send her off to the next user.
4481E148-E561-4AFE-A162-A910442A7DE5.jpeg

Making up oil hoses in the shop today for the 33 and she cut up some rubber! Even scored some fiberglass for cutting lines for me. This frontier can be a real workhorse. And the good solid pull means she locks up tight too. I’m impressed. I might have to buy a sister of hers when I send her off to the next user.
View attachment 982936

You're making me want to buy another one. I used to have one with yellow handles.

Well, 315 315 i think it’s time to pass her on. She hit here at a fortunate time. Got to work on the old car, help me make lemonaid for the kids, help make some wine, and accompanied me to some track time in a Ferrari (a long time desire of mine). But now, life is settling down to boring for a couple months here (not a bad thing in my eyes). And with hunting season coming, I’m sure someone can put it to good use with its newfound patina, pocket swirlies and love of speed! I think johnny twoshoes johnny twoshoes is next, is that right, 315 315 ?

Well, 315 315 i think it’s time to pass her on. She hit here at a fortunate time. Got to work on the old car, help me make lemonaid for the kids, help make some wine, and accompanied me to some track time in a Ferrari (a long time desire of mine). But now, life is settling down to boring for a couple months here (not a bad thing in my eyes). And with hunting season coming, I’m sure someone can put it to good use with its newfound patina, pocket swirlies and love of speed! I think johnny twoshoes johnny twoshoes is next, is that right, 315 315 ?

Time flys way too fast!!! It goes to anyone you’d like:thumbsup:

Back