help me and a freind identify this one. Please

holo07

Gold Member
Platinum Member
My buddy came across this knife and we are both curious as to what it is. I am very new to Randall's and only own 2 and would like to make this my 3rd. We want to be fare to each other on a price. He was told the knife was brought back from over seas after the war. Thank you for any information you can share.randall 5.jpg

randall.jpg

randall 3.jpg

randall2.jpg

Most popular knife of the Vietnam War, especially the one's with the stainless steel blade. Nice knives but for me the finger grips are too restrictive.

https://www.randallknives.com/knives/model-15-airman/

As a starting point, new one is $450. Not sure it has enough provenance to increase its value much. The condition brings the value down.

To echo M Murindo nice knife. The finger grooves are a mixed blessing, just awesome in the right grip, but in the way at other times.

Anyone know when they started lining the thong hole?

Thanks for the info, please keep it coming...

I wouldn’t pay more than the cost of a new one plus shipping. $475. He’d likely get more on eBay but have to pay fees. Is it really a model you want? Or just buying it because it’s available? If it’s a user the damage patina and wear don’t matter. If it’s to collect, buy a new one and wait the 5 years.

To keep it fair with a real friend I always offer them first refusal if I ever sell it. Or even the option to ask for it back.

You won't have to wait 5 years for a new one since several dealers keep them coming but add $ 100 to the price.

I like the look and the guard but found the finger grooves only allow a hammer grip. IMHO, the Model 1 in 7 or 8 inch blade is a better knife.

There are several dealers that sell at current Randall catalog price. Wayne Buxton, Gary Clinton, Buck Buchannon, Chris Stanaback, Duke McCaa. All are Randall authorized dealers and sell at current catalog price. The wait for a custom order is less than one year. Most have knives in stock.

Nordic does not sell at catalog price. They add an additional mark up. Plaza is pretty close. They actually have some knives on their site below catalog.

True on Nordic but their adder isn't much and they will take trades. They have been an approved Randall dealer forever and are good to deal with.

Plaza only has a small selection but their prices are what they pay plus shipping.

knife is a mid- late 60's, rivets ended early 70's , value is between 750 and 1250 depending on the buyer, ebay etc. nice blade!

Back