Help me decide my next Spyderco purchase

Miketbass

Basic Member
Hello,
I have been working OT this last week and have decided to buy a new Spydie for my collection. I have narrowed it down to three options and would like some input from my fellow Spydie nuts!

1. Endura 4- I have a large collection of 20-30 Spydies but have never owned an Endura. The Pac Salt and Police 3 have filled that void for me, but I feel obligated to own one of the flagship models. I'm looking at the purple FRN, planning to RIT dye the show scale black and put a GB clip on it.

2. Gayle Bradley 2 - the original Bradley is one of my most carried knives. I waited for years for this but ultimately bought a backup GB 1 when I found out they were discontinued. I love everything about this knife, but do not like the lack of a forward choil. The price/performance of this knife seem to be the best in the lineup.

3. Manix 2 CF/Cru-wear - the Manix is a model I have overlooked every time I purchase. The PM2 and Military are two favorites of mine, and I guess the Manix is somewhere in between in size. I don't have anything with the BBL or in Cru-wear so this is the most "unique" option of the three.

Any input is much appreciated guys! Right now I am leaning towards the Endura as it is the least expensive and I can do a few things to dress it up to my taste. Is there anything else I should be looking at? Help is much appreciated!

Cruwear. They'll be gone some day and you'll kick yourself for having to buy secondary market

I suppose the biggest thing holding me back on the Manix is the width in pocket. I have a plethora of super steels too, but no Cru-wear. I enjoy trying new steels but I'm not sure it's necessarily a huge step up from anything I already have. I'm more pondering on the knife design itself...
The lock looks similar to the axis lock which is a bonus to me, the ergonomics seem pretty spot on too. Is the KC run a sprint or an exclusive? How soon will these disappear?

Its an exclusive, I'd imagine they'll be out of em pretty soon. Usually these runs are around only 1000 knives. I just got one last week and its AMAZING! The price is straight up amazing too. Its beautiful, its a very nice knife.

Manix 2 cruwear for sure! Great fit and finish on these, awesome steel and they won't be around forever.... get the cruwear while it's available and try for 1 of the other ones some other time

The manix is nice but it's a pocket hog and the lock isn't the easiest or most fun to manipulate IMO.

I am an Endura fan. But, the Manix Cru-ware will not be around forever. Still, I would buy the Endura, if it were me, and save the money. Now, if you throw the Manix 2 Back Lock into the mix, then that knife wins hands down. Not because of the steel, which is great, but the over all design is wonderful.

The above pic with the M4 Military (which is my most recent purchase, very nice) shows the Manix 2 to be rather wide in the handle. This seems to be a comfort issue when crouching up and down for me.

I'm really torn here. I appreciate the comparison pic above to give me a feel for size. I'm going to do some further reading on Cru-wear and the Manix 2 to get some perspective. The other two I feel like I know what I am getting.

Back