Help me decide

I might actually do that. I’m going to sit down with my kids and get and idea of what color handles they like and then probably go with either a bluegill or hurley creek with possibly a minor tweak.

Thanks for all of the responses.

This is how I came up with the Pocket Chef. I used the Bluegill handle and added a 4" straight-back blade design to create a knife that works great for lunch at work, at a picnic, or in a restaurant that has truly sub-par knives. I use it a bunch as a cocktail knife for fruits, too.

akGW0s7.jpg

Certainly not a design for a first knife (although it would probably actually work quite well for a young "chef" who likes to help in the kitchen), but it gives you an idea of how John can make anything come to life.

John's currently making a shortened Hurley Creek for me. It's the same 2.75" blade but with a shortened 3.25" handle all made from 3/32" S30V.

The options are almost limitless.

This is how I came up with the Pocket Chef. I used the Bluegill handle and added a 4" straight-back blade design to create a knife that works great for lunch at work, at a picnic, or in a restaurant that has truly sub-par knives. I use it a bunch as a cocktail knife for fruits, too.

akGW0s7.jpg

Certainly not a design for a first knife (although it would probably actually work quite well for a young "chef" who likes to help in the kitchen), but it gives you an idea of how John can make anything come to life.

John's currently making a shortened Hurley Creek for me. It's the same 2.75" blade but with a shortened 3.25" handle all made from 3/32" S30V.

The options are almost limitless.
Which is exactly why I take forever to choose a knife. But it's a good thing.

I might actually do that. I’m going to sit down with my kids and get and idea of what color handles they like and then probably go with either a bluegill or hurley creek with possibly a minor tweak.

Thanks for all of the responses.
Getting your boys involved might make it more special for them.

I think the compact tool could be another one of John's sleeper designs, but that is another one I haven't tried yet. It's a little bigger if you want a more multi-purpose design.

I believe this is the Compact Tool.

l2oCZ2T.jpg

Jeff
It is

I think the compact tool could be another one of John's sleeper designs, but that is another one I haven't tried yet. It's a little bigger if you want a more multi-purpose design.

I believe this is the Compact Tool.

l2oCZ2T.jpg

Jeff

Yeah, I like that. Such a simple but functional looking design. I think I have one on order for mid-spring.

Yeah, I like that. Such a simple but functional looking design. I think I have one on order for mid-spring.
I have you down for the prototypes and Element in January, and the Mud Turtle in February. You will have to remind me what else you want and when. (After February, that’s almost booked solid)

I have you down for the prototypes and Element in January, and the Mud Turtle in February. You will have to remind me what else you want and when. (After February, that’s almost booked solid)

I'll dig out my schedule again for those spring orders.

There's also the small game I think it is with a more pronounced guard. John made one with ivory scales and red liners. Looked really sharp. I'd get stainless for kids.
The small game hunter is a great idea! With a nice bigger guard to help in safety. I have another idea, how about the Mora with a rounded end? Just to practice with while you wait for the JK to be made?

Back