Help me design a "Bushcraft" knife - [CONTEST]

I'd like to see something simple along the lines of the second one in so that it could be worn in the traditional scandinavian way around the neck.....
sheath.jpg

I'm with Pitdog on a simple traditional scandi style sheath that can be worn around the neck, maybe a FireSteel loop can be added.

Congrats to the winner!!

ok guys....red G10 is 3 times the price of natural micarta....can't do it.

going to have to be black or green canvas micarta.

I'm concerned about the red linen micarta now....just saw an example...when sandblasted...goes a little pink-ish.

How would you guys feel about Red G10 instead? Also tough, and even more grippy when blasted.

What about just Natural Canvas Micarta and Green Canvas Micarta?

Yeah, natural and green canvas micarta sound good.
They don't make a blaze orange do they?

you can get orange G10....and it is something I'm considering for a future run...but not for now.

thanks!

:thumbup:

I really like the simple scandi pouch sheath but would rather have it on my belt than around my neck. A nice compromise would allow both. I only have a kydex point-up neck sheath for reference but I think a point-down system made with a belt loop would give you both carry options.

My favorite sheath right now is the one that came with my BRK&T Kephart. I attached a profile photo of it.

IMG_1678.jpg

Notice that it has two loops on the back. I use the larger loop on the bottom for my belt and the smaller one on top with a carabiner for my pack. I would think this top loop could also be used for the neck carry option.

The lower belt loop placement makes the knife ride high on my waist. Some don't like this but I really like it. When I'm wearing a coat I want it to ride lower, so I just use a 'biner and connect it to my pants loop.

The third loop on the side is for a firesteel but it can also hold a slim meat thermometer ;)

Also notice the eyelets. They can be used to secure a small pouch or provide other attachment options.

IMG_1681.jpg

I really like the simple scandi pouch sheath but would rather have it on my belt than around my neck. A nice compromise would allow both. I only have a kydex point-up neck sheath for reference but I think a point-down system made with a belt loop would give you both carry options.

My favorite sheath right now is the one that came with my BRK&T Kephart. I attached a profile photo of it.

IMG_1678.jpg

Notice that it has two loops on the back. I use the larger loop on the bottom for my belt and the smaller one on top with a carabiner for my pack. I would think this top loop could also be used for the neck carry option.

The lower belt loop placement makes the knife ride high on my waist. Some don't like this but I really like it. When I'm wearing a coat I want it to ride lower, so I just use a 'biner and connect it to my pants loop.

The third loop on the side is for a firesteel but it can also hold a slim meat thermometer ;)

Also notice the eyelets. They can be used to secure a small pouch or provide other attachment options.

IMG_1681.jpg

I have lots of Bushcraft knives but I ordered one of these! One, because I don't own any of Dans knives but also:

A custom bushcraft knife for about 50 bucks less than you can get a production one for:thumbup:

Blade not too thick. Some of the UK ones are so thick that they don't slice that well.

So are the handles going to be countoured with the palm swell and flare at the butt end?

Also I think that JRE that does sheaths could make a relatively cheap and outstanding sheath for these:thumbup:

Back