view.php
[/url][/IMG]
16105361855531407015216907118575.N43rtw
N432Se
N43Cu6
N435Ay
N432Se

Hello guys!
Got this knife for about ten dollars att a garage sale, I guess it's not a real Ka-Bar, but help me shine some light on it please.

Best regards
Mattis

What, if any, stamps are on the ricassos or on the guard? Clear close up pics of the ricassos would be good.

There are no stamps what so ever, there are No signs of any stamps either.
ONhRWhQ.jpg
s6Vb5av.jpg
wGo4P7n.jpg

lLpiJ7f.jpg
It could be a Tak Fukuta he was the first Japanese member of the American Knife Maker's Guild, and apprentice to Bob Loveless. He hand crafted fine quality knives that impressed his mentor. Over the years, his factory in Seki, Japan also produced knives for Parker, Valor, Gutmann, Explorer, Frost, Ka-Bar, and Browning among others.

Made in Japan.
If you look you can see it on the left ricasso,it is light,but is there.

I don't see "Japan" on the ricasso. Or anything else for that matter. Does anyone else?
I have seen Made in Japan Ka-Bar clones marked Kiffe and also Valor. But they have been clearly marked.

I can’t see the Japan or any other markings either. The plunge grind is clean and not too deep. Looks to be still in line with the Ricasso. No gaps at the blade and guard. Over all fit and finish don’t look bad. Maybe it’s a nice knife.

Only way to know is to sharpen and use it.

Did it come with a sheath?

There are Ka-Bar clones marked Kiffe, S.A.B., C.I. (Compass Industries) and Valor. There may be more.
This is an example of an unbranded one, but it has the COO stamp.
QDfIRu.jpg
mAURTv.jpg

Back