Help me name my machete design - The Barax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a whip-poorwill (east) but a common poorwill (west) There's something similar about their head and beak
profile and the knife in question. Pretty good call @jux t
Screenshot_20200918-221007_Photos.jpg
Photo c.2002 Nacimiento Ferguson Rd

very nice design - aeb-l should be very popular for it, or maybe try out 14c28n ; )

name: anglo-seaxon
or... this one to reflect the bird handle: falcon seax

It’s either an Easy Seax 14, Easy Seax 15 or Easy Seax 16; depending on the blade length. (the low weight makes it easy to carry)

n2s

Nice work, OP :cool::thumbsup:

Maybe name each one after a Classical composer... Chopin, Bach, Handel, etc. It would also leave plenty of room to expand the line on similar theme. Just an idea.

Good luck!

I like it Ron!

What about 'Mistral', after the wind, also meaning 'masterful'.

Another favorite, thank you!

Nice work, OP :cool::thumbsup:

Maybe name each one after a Classical composer... Chopin, Bach, Handel, etc. It would also leave plenty of room to expand the line on similar theme. Just an idea.

Good luck!

Very interesting idea. Worth considering.

Or perhaps since you have drawn on 2 differing cultures, delve into a name from Nordic or Filipino mythology? A quick Google search turned up several that I personally found interesting,

Very interesting idea Wild Willie Wild Willie . I actually briefly had a project where I was designing a knife with the hope Spyderco would pick it up, and it was based on the barong seax. I called it the Astrid, because it is a name that has Scandinavian Origin, but a name I have heard used by Filipinas (example, Astrid Tuminez). I was excited about the design until the changes Spyderco suggested to the design before they would consider it deflated my enthusiasm for the project. I have since put it on the shelf. Sal suggested not putting pictures out in public because it would be easier for them to work the design without pictures in the public domain. I since removed all the images from the forum, but since I have pretty much moved on from that project, here is a fake ad I made for it, originally posted in a thread in my subforum:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/designing-a-folding-knife-for-spyderco.1739390/

Ad Copy smaller.jpg

I've since decided to try instead to make a reblade of the Spyderco Resilience in AEB-L, and that project is currently in the works. I am waiting for one prototype to be heat treated by Jarod, and when it arrives I will be trying to dial it in and get it to fit and function in my existing Resilience handle. If it works, I'll probably make some more of those as my modest entry into the world of folder making.

But yes, maybe the "Barong Seax" could be named the Astrid??? Or some other name might fit?

Berserker, or Valkyrie would be kind of cool too. The Filipino critter that I liked the name of was the Sigbin. But barax is definitely a strong entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back