Recommendation? Help me pick my next appendix (IWB) holster

My current carry holster is a Tulster, which is okay for what it does, but I want to pick up something that includes additional features. What I am looking for is a kydex holster that allows a spare mag to be carried, and also has a wing and wedge that pushes the firearm in to the body for better concealment.

I've narrowed it down to the following 3 choices.

1. TXC Holsters: X1 Ally
Some Pros:
-Has concealment wing and wedge on both sections of the holster (firearm and mag).
-Some options for WML depending on model.
-Customizable (colors/accents).
-Firearm and mag sections are tethered together with shock cord, allowing flexibility in body movement.
-Lead time at 10-15 business days.
-Price, cheaper of the 3.
Some Cons:
-Tuckable, but clips are not logo free. In the event I were to tuck I'd prefer sterile clips.
-Flexibility and separation between the gun and mag holsters seems a little excessive.
-Widest Footprint of the 3 options.
2. Tier 1 Concealed: Axis Elite
Some Pros:
-Has wing and wedge on both sections of the holster (firearm and mag).
-Adjustable ride height.
-Customizable (colors/accents), sweatguard height, mag height.
-Sterile clips.
-Cut for Optics/Supressor Sights
-Firearm and mag sections are tethered more closely together with shock cord, allowing flexibility in body movement.
-Lead time at 10-15 business days.

Some Cons:

-The most expensive of the 3 options.
-Claw sticks out to the side a bit more than others, slightly widening the footprint.
-No options for WML.
3. Last Line Of Defense: The Associate V2
Some Pros:
-Single carry piece for both firearm and mag holder, smallest footprint
-Single sterile clip
-Integrated bump eliminating claw/wedge
-Some options for WML depending on model.
-Customizable (colors), sweatguard.
-Price is middle of pack.
Some Cons:
-Not as flexible as the TXC or Tier 1 Concealed.
-Longest lead time at 4 weeks.

I'm leaning towards either the Axis Elite or the Associate V2, but am hoping to hear input from those that may own any of these three. I might be open to other recommendations as well.

SnlrfHQ.jpg

9sxA9So.jpg

84esk5K.jpg

What gun are you carrying? How do you currently carry your spare mag?

I mostly carry behind the hip iwb. Sometimes I do appendix carry, but that's generally when I'm running a quick errand to the store wearing athletic shorts or something similar. I also mostly carry my spare mag in a pocket hoslter or owb clip. I have iwb carriers, but uncomfortable for me when I carry a double stack mag.. Single stack is ok, but not my preferred.

Of those three I think I'd go with the top one. The split between holster and mag carrier looks like it would allow more give when twisting or bending. It might also conform to and sit flatter against your body compared to #2. I also like the offset clip over the trigger guard as opposed to the clip over the barrel on the bottom one.

With that method of carrying both I think I'd go for slimmest with most flexibility. They're all going to give a pretty wide footprint regardless. That footprint in itself is why I don't think I could carry like that. I'm too short and slim for it.:cool:

I use one of these for my glock 29 as its the lightest and least amount of holster I have found. It works great and like the owner says don't shoot yer di@# get a Mic.

Back