help me plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
is a bread knife a good weapon? asking for a friend (please help me i dont wanna fail)
You and your friend should read _To The White Sea_, by James Dickey. An outstanding book by the author of _Deliverence_. The protagonist, Muldrow, a B-29 crewman shot down over the Japanese home islands, kills efficiently with a bread knife. The knife features prominently in the book. It's ground to have a point, but he keeps the serrations.

Zieg

Last edited:
If it's a knife capable of cutting Dwarf bread, then it is a fine weapon indeed.
lrsdisc14kidbypaul_dwarfbread_reduced_105.jpg

is a bread knife a good weapon? asking for a friend (please help me i dont wanna fail)
Ok, don't let these jokers give you too hard a time.

I assume your friend wants to play some kind of weird "chef" or "cook" character and a good Dungeon Master rewards creativity like that. I would allow a bread knife as a weapon proficiency, but the damage is going to be either 1d2 or 1d3, not the standard 1d4 damage granted to knives. Also, bread knives might be harder to replace in an adventuring situation because your average goon or goblin is going to have a regular knife.

Eventually, as the campaign progresses, I would probably reward his character with a +4 bread knife of giant slaying or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back