Votes: 1 7.1%
  • MKM (orange) Burnley Arvenis; 3.35" m390: $190

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • LionSteel (orange) sr1-al; 3.7" D2: $175

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • DMT 10" fine/extra fine bench stone w/ base; $136

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
So, I normally don't tend to ask for advice often on "what should I buy" recommendations, normally I see something "I" like, I'll read reviews and buy it if it makes sense, (or sometimes even if it doesn't). However, I really wasn't "in the market" for any specific knives at the moment, as I've actually grown quite content with what I currently have for the time being, after my last 2 "big" purchases of a G.Muller & Sebenza before the summer, and an Emerson as well as a waved Spyderco off the exchange to close the summer...
While there's a plethora of knives I like, (some just well out of my current budget), the 2 specific knives I was eyeballing as my next purchases are actually exclusives from other vendors, so my wife got me $150 egift card at bladehq, and now it's burning a hole in my "pocket" if you will, so I've been shopping in that ballpark, & while I definitely plan on getting a door hanging large knife roll from them as well, to clean up my knife drawer, I've narrowed it down my search towards 3 knives, and there can be only 1...

Case Shark Tooth is just really clean looking to me. A modernized locking pocket clip knife by case, w/ a decent steel, say it ain't so!
LionSteel sr1-al in orange, I actually had the smaller version, and sold it, and one of the few knives I've let go that I kind of miss. It was a tad bit small for my liking, not a deal breaker though, but this one is in that sweet spot for me, between 3.5 & 4".
MKM Burnley Arvenis also in orange, also a clean looking design to my eye, not "too" orange to limit my carrying options, great blade steel, smallest of the bunch, but still in a good range for me, at about a .25" bigger then the smaller LionSteel sr22.

I've been wanting another orange knife, primarily for spring/summer when I tend to wear more Orioles gear for baseball season; and while I do carry knives for their practicality of tool usage, I confess, do like to accessorize them with what I'm wearing as well whenever I can... Like a pocket square and tie with a clean suit appearance, or matching my belt with my shoes, or deciding which hat to wear, if my knife can match my outfit, I'll make it work that way... (but that Case is clean looking though, and black and grey is pretty neutral to most anything, but I also own a few black/grey knives already)...

What to do what to do...

Which one would you get? Which one should I get and why, and if I should avoid one, also why in your own experiences? Or, did I miss one?
I prefer locking folders, 3.25" - 4", I think I'm currently good on slippies and fixed blades, so your input is much appreciated...
*(a 4th option is to just get a DMT fine/extra fine 10" bench stone to pair with my coarse/extra coarse one, and replace the current off brand one I have, and been using)?

Last edited:
the mkm is the best of the bunch listed imho - m390 is miles better than d2 or s35vn ;) at least for wear resistance

it also looks good

In your shoes, I’d go for the bench stone. Here’s why:

A new knife stirs emotion gets my heart running. It’s somehow easier for me to drop cash from my bank account on a knife than on costly sharpening supplies.

You have a guilt-free opportunity to splurge on something you know you need (the stone), but have unable to spend your own money on. Perfect gift material here!

ETA: I need new KME and bench strops too!

Back