Help me understand this

Railsplitter

Gold Member
I think I've read somewhere on this forum that Buck uses the Anvil stamp on Web Exclusives instead of using the model number. In this first picture, that would make sense considering the 112 Pro is not a Web Exclusive and the 112 Drop Point is.

IMG_5923.JPG
It's this knife that confuses me. It's the December 2018 Buck of the Month which to the best of my knowledge, was a Web Exclusive but it has the model number on the tang and not the Anvil.

IMG_4518.JPG
IMG_4523.JPG

Can someone help me understand this?

Thanks.

I dont know for sure but some of the botms i believe are using up parts already made. I see a mixed bag of anvils and no anvils when I went back and looked at pics of them. so if they are already stamped out and lasered, it wont get the anvil. the heritage series which are web exclusives are numbered with model numbers and not the anvil. must not be that cut and dry as web exclusive or not.

I dont know for sure but some of the botms i believe are using up parts already made. I see a mixed bag of anvils and no anvils when I went back and looked at pics of them. so if they are already stamped out and lasered, it wont get the anvil. the heritage series which are web exclusives are numbered with model numbers and not the anvil. must not be that cut and dry as web exclusive or not.
Thank you. That makes sense.

I had thought it was custom shop knives, not web exclusives, that used the anvil stamp. But Looking at my knives, I have web exclusive, limited edition, and Buck of the month knives, with the anvil stamp or engraving. I also have Buck of the month knives with year date stamps.

This is what it says on Buck's website.
AM-JKLUbyMm9OowJ94LZBBUBWWFKy8ksB17ihJstP2XnC50HVdGR4bBXHPatp0ndE9mqnDNBcgmpocbr6MzQhrJgAO-N44eqXu81nzA4y3Ts0KquYHzO9WIuQRWxQdy2I4Oq3P6axQEzKe_kRCwkzLsfBHTX=w600

It's worth noting that the anvil stamp date code explanation, at the bottom of the date code chart, in the date code sticky thread, is not the same as this one from Buck's website.

O.B.

Back