Help my poor memory

I cannot remember what Victorinox knife is like the Pioneer, but has the toothpick and tweezers. I have seen one recently, but cannot for the life of me remember which model it is. Can you guys help me out?

When you say "like the Pioneer" what do you mean? Alox? Size? Toolset? As far as I know, no stock Alox knives have toothpick and tweezers. None of the ones that do are the same 93mm size, and none of them have the inline awl of the Pioneer. The closest is probably the Spartan.

Same size, same tool set, not obviously, Alox. Standard red. I saw one but cannot remember the model.

If you ever find out what it was, you need to tell SAKWiki about it, because they don't have it listed. They only Celidor model they show without back tools is the 84mm Recruit, and the inline awl is only shown on the 93mm Alox series.

I can’t think of any cellidor model that has in line awl instead of small blade. The closest would be basic model such as Spartan, but Spartan has the awl on the back.

Probably Swiss Bianco, UnknownVT or Felinevet can chime in. They are very knowledgeable I recall during my time having interest in SAK.

Thanks. I think a trip back to the store where I saw it is in order.

When you say "like the Pioneer" what do you mean? Alox? Size? Toolset? As far as I know, no stock Alox knives have toothpick and tweezers. None of the ones that do are the same 93mm size, and none of them have the inline awl of the Pioneer. The closest is probably the Spartan.
The electrician has in line awl

I might be crazy in thinking that the knife I saw had the same tools as a Pioneer. Or, perhaps it was a custom piece? Who knows? I'll go back there and see if they still have it.

One thing I seriously wish they would do is re-introduce the Soldier. I cannot stand that key ring on the Pioneer (and Cadet) because it stabs me in the hand when I use the knife.

[QUOTE="DocT, post: 17767492, member: 315224" I cannot stand that key ring on the Pioneer (and Cadet) because it stabs me in the hand when I use the knife.[/QUOTE]

Cut it off, and file it smooth. If you use the hacksaw blade on one of the larger SAKs, like a Swiss Champ, it will do both at the same time.

O.B.

I might be crazy in thinking that the knife I saw had the same tools as a Pioneer. Or, perhaps it was a custom piece? Who knows? I'll go back there and see if they still have it.

One thing I seriously wish they would do is re-introduce the Soldier. I cannot stand that key ring on the Pioneer (and Cadet) because it stabs me in the hand when I use the knife.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't know how many times I've wished for Victoriox to bring back the hollow rivet like on my old Wenger SI! I love the bail and how it can be removed and just have a small diameter nylon lanyard through the hole.

Or at least put the same kind of keyring on the alox that is on theater SAK's that is mounted at more of an angle that doesn't dig in the hand as much.

BRING BACK THE HOLLOW RIVET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back