Help needed

I have a knife about which I can find absolutely no information. It's a Paul knife. All stainless. On the blade is the inscription:
Built by the Paul Custom Shop
Certified by
Paul Poehlmann (signature)
Genuine and Guaranteed
85 of 100
and on the lock/pivot it says SII M2, 1997

Does anyone have any information. Who made it. What were the circumstances?
Really curious.

gravwell@yahoo.com

Last edited:
Sounds like a custom Paul folder made by Paul Poehlman....Gerber made a production version for a number of years.

Last edited:
I had a Gerber P2 in 1980 or 1981. I think there was a Field and Stream article earlier and they talked about the Paul knife, a blue handled Elishewitz Custom Knife and Bob Loveless. The Production Paul knife was the only one I could afford or find.

Sounds like a custom Paul folder made by Paul Poehlman....Gerber made a production version for a number of years.
I've seen a lot of photos of original Paul knives and I own one. None of them have anything written on the blade. I have a sneaking suspicion that this may have been made by the guys at Lone Wolf, with the permission of Pohelmann, after their Paul knife production stopped in 1997. Just a guess, though.

I bought, and still have, one of the first runs with the optional sheath....I pre-ordered it from A.G. Russell in 1977.

I remember seeing pictures of the originals back in the day....

All the Lone Wolf knives I've seen (~50) were IDed as their product.

Back