Help on Bending a Steel Split-Arrow Clip

I just picked up a 940-1701 (Going Gear Exclusive), which is a beautiful knife. The only issue is that the tip of the clip (a nice DLC Split Arrow clip; not a deep-carry clip) sits off the scale just a bit. Spoke with Going Gear, and that seems common with this model, unfortunately. So I need to bend the clip a bit so it holds more firmly.

Any suggestions on how to best do this once I take the clip off? I think that the only practical thing is to bend the long portion of the clip itself so it curves a bit to make the tip contact the scale. I don't think a vice would really help, and I don't have ready access to one.

Many thanks in advance.

best way i know is to unscrew the clip completely. then screw it back in with the two outside screws to where it’s facing 180 degrees from where it usually sits, sticking out from the butt of the handle. you can then bend it gently to where you want it and reinstall it normally

best way i know is to unscrew the clip completely. then screw it back in with the two outside screws to where it’s facing 180 degrees from where it usually sits, sticking out from the butt of the handle. you can then bend it gently to where you want it and reinstall it normally

Yep.

OP here. Thanks for the responses. I decided to just gently bend the clip around a small pipe, and it worked perfectly. Trick was to bend very slightly, check, and keep repeating until I got the tension I wanted.

I have adjusted quite a few deep carry clips (mainly on 940's for some reason) just with a pair of Channelocks and never had a problem with breakage on any BM clips. I did, however, break a Kizer clip but got a replacement from them and didn't try to adjust it again.

Back