Help picking a knife for the wife

Hello all. Looking for some advice or suggestions.
My wife would like a folding knife (or I'd like to get her one... or get myself one and let her use it... you get the idea). She likes my spyderco persistence alot. Ideally, she wants the same or similar blade shape. Same locking mechanism. Same blade length or a little shorter.
She however would like it to weigh a bit less, and her big sticking point is that she wants an orange handle.
Handle material isn't important. She likes the spydie hole but it isn't a must.
I'd greatly prefer to keep this around $50.
I'm considering the persistence or ambitious in blue (and convince her it's even better than orange), a dragonfly, pingo, benchmade mini grip (over budget but if she doesn't like it, I'd keep it), kabar dozier, kershaw shuffle.
Any other suggestions? Thanks everybody.

Tenacious is available in orange I believe. Should be similar in size to the Persistence.

The tenacious is a bit too large. She's trying to go even smaller than the persistence.

The Ontario Rat comes in orange at knifeworks.com. However, why not bite the bullet and buy her an orange Delica?

I thought about that. She wasn't crazy about the blade shape, but I think she'd like it if given a chance.

The Ambitious is the same shape and such, with a blade that's 1/2 inch shorter than the Persistence. Same weight though.

The Spyerco Cat will give you a 1/4" less blade, but about a full ounce less weight.

But in my experience, letting the wife pick is the safest way to go.

I got my wife a Spyderco Dragonfly Tattoo and she has carried it daily for a couple of years and loves it. On a recent vacation I bought a Kershaw Starter after we landed and she has taken ownership of it too, which is fine by me- I have enough Spidies in rotation.

The pink Native 5 is super cool, but it is about $100.
https://www.knifecenter.com/item/SP...nife-s35vn-satin-plain-blade-pink-frn-handles
Smaller than the Tenacious as well. The Ambitious would likely be a good choice for a purse carry. Small and well under $50 in G10.

My wife uses a Ladybug a lot and confiscated my Ruku/Fox Predator 2 folder as she wanted a heavier knife when in the woods, so everyone is different.

Dragonfly or Shuffle. I really like my Shuffle in turquoise blue. Great little travel knife and if you lose it..your not out a lot of $

Cutlery Shoppe has the Native 5 in orange FRN with either a satin or DLC black blade. They also have an orange Delica with a Wharncliffe satin blade.

Some great suggestions everyone! Several that I hadn't even thought of. The meerkat would be perfect if it wasn't so darn pricey.

I've given my girlfriend more knives than I can count, and the orange Dragonfly2 is the one she always carries.

nc4iojh.jpg

Back