• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Help please

Edit: which oddly enough he didn't ask for f&f. He just asked that I pay fees.

It's not always the case and may not even be true here, but some sellers do ask that they buyer pays the fees as a round about way to encourage them to send F&F so they can give themselves a little discount.

Ok? As I said I'm not doxing dude until it is said and done. Received the knife 2 hours ago. I give his handle and he create new. I posted here to see what happened to others that went through this same thing. Ya know did they get their money, how long did it take etc
Etc.

Giving an anonymous Instagram name is doxing? I strongly disagree with that.

He very well could have a new name by now or currently have multiples. I don't know. The ease in which that can be done and the (what appears to be) lax rules in making new accounts is just one reason I only do business with private parties here.

You posted here to ask help from this community yet don't want to help the community back. Why not just ask Instagram folks what to do?

Giving an anonymous Instagram name is doxing? I strongly disagree with that.

He very well could have a new name by now or currently have multiples. I don't know. The ease in which that can be done and the (what appears to be) lax rules in making new accounts is just one reason I only do business with private parties here.

You posted here to ask help from this community yet don't want to help the community back. Why not just ask Instagram folks what to do?
Ok bud your right, I'm wrong. Done talking in circles over this.

Last edited:
Yeah posting the Instagram name causes no problems at all lmao. Stop being crazy about it. The address would be more helpful but I can understand being uncomfortable with posting that.
What if he makes it right? Take-backsies?

Pretty sure standard procedure on calling out a scammer is to wait until the verdict.

Okbud your right, I'm wrong. Done talking in circle over this.

Well you didn't post his IG name so that leads me to think that you are being a bit facetious with this post.

You've got the answers you came for that are in your best interest and don't want to share the little bit of info that would be helpful to others. Info that would harm you exactly zilch. Just close this and be done.

I hope he does. Then again, he should have came correct first place and he is still the person that did this:

this guy knowingly sent you a clone knife, responded with a BS reply, and then went dark on you.

If and hopefully when he does, would you deal with him again?

I too think you should refrain from posting his IG handle until you put some distance between you and the incident actually happening.

For all you know, this guy could be blowing up the guy who sold it to him. Or at work on a break that's now over. Etc. Etc.

Way too premature to be throwing around names and such. Many times, people wont read a whole thread and I certain ly wouldnt want to create the potential for half truths just because I jumped the gun.

PayPal will take care of you. If this knife is fake, I can't see you losing. I think you're doing the right thing asking for experience here and holding off on anything more for now.

If he turns out to be a bum, definitely share his information so you can save others the same mistake. Especially if he is currently selling more knives.

I too think you should refrain from posting his IG handle until you put some distance between you and the incident actually happening.

For all you know, this guy could be blowing up the guy who sold it to him. Or at work on a break that's now over. Etc. Etc.

Way too premature to be throwing around names and such. Many times, people wont read a whole thread and I certain ly wouldnt want to create the potential for half truths just because I jumped the gun.

PayPal will take care of you. If this knife is fake, I can't see you losing. I think you're doing the right thing asking for experience here and holding off on anything more for now.

If he turns out to be a bum, definitely share his information so you can save others the same mistake. Especially if he is currently selling more knives.
Thank you sir.

In general, I would agree with you to an extent but disagree in this case.

The OP said that this was the guys response after he was told that he sent him a clone: "well you told me it was for fathers day and you didnt want to what(wait) a month for it". and then the seller went dark. Doesn't bode well to the possibility that the seller is grilling the person they bought it from or are busy at work or with family.

Assuming the one sided perspective is true, at least an Instagram name is definitely warranted.
If this happened here, the other party would already be tagged and their side of the story requested.

In general, I would agree with you to an extent but disagree in this case.

The OP said that this was the guys response after he was told that he sent him a clone: "well you told me it was for fathers day and you didnt want to what(wait) a month for it". and then the seller went dark. Doesn't bode well to the possibility that the seller is grilling the person they bought it from or are busy at work or with family.

Assuming the one sided perspective is true, at least an Instagram name is definitely warranted.
If this happened here, the other party would already be tagged and their side of the story requested.

I know from personal experience that the things people say knee jerk or first reaction are usually unexamined and lacking.

All I was really saying is let the dust settle and reevaluate.

If he makes good, case closed. If not, spread the word.

I appreciate you caring about the community.

Yeah posting the Instagram name causes no problems at all lmao. Stop being crazy about it. The address would be more helpful but I can understand being uncomfortable with posting that.
It's not always the case and may not even be true here, but some sellers do ask that they buyer pays the fees as a round about way to encourage them to send F&F so they can give themselves a little discount.
I know from personal experience that the things people say knee jerk or first reaction are usually unexamined and lacking.

All I was really saying is let the dust settle and reevaluate.

If he makes good, case closed. If not, spread the word.

I appreciate you caring about the community.
Pics added if you care to take a looksee.

In cases of knowingly selling/trading clones, counterfeits, fraud, scamming, and any other criminal acts I do not concern myself with the privacy of such individuals. Names, addresses, email addresses, PayPal email addresses etc should be posted to help prevent others from being ripped off imo

Pretty sure standard procedure on calling out a scammer is to wait until the verdict.
Incorrect-wait on someone you are not sure is a scammer. No reason to wait on a true scammer. It just gives them more time to rip off others.
You can get your money back, but someone who knowingly sold you a clone as real , can not make things right. If he had sent it not knowing, that could be corrected.
You shouldn't have any problem with your claim as long as you have been forthright on your end.

Last edited:
In cases of knowingly selling/trading clones, counterfeits, fraud, scamming, and any other criminal acts I do not concern myself with the privacy of such individuals. Names, addresses, email addresses, PayPal email addresses etc should be posted to help prevent others from being ripped off imo
I completely agree. But if we are being technical, doxing him in a way that is defamation could also be a criminal act.

I completely agree. But if we are being technical, doxing him in a way that is defamation could also be a criminal act.

If anything suggested is illegal by all means don't take the advice. Maybe you can research it and also ask the mods opinion. I would be surprised if it was illegal as long as you aren't suggesting the individual to be harrassed. There shouldn't be protections or expectations of privacy of information a person is using to commit criminal acts but I'm not a legal expert. I'm sure you understand we just want to avoid unsavory individuals when one is exposed. Good luck with your PayPal claim, hope everything works out in your favor. Thankfully it also wasn't a large sum of money involved.

Last edited:
Back