1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Help to identify this knife!!

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by scubisino, Aug 19, 2019.

1. scubisino

scubisino

Dec 4, 2015
    Found this chef/butcher knife with the stamp on the handle OLD COLONIAL. I tried to find any information on line but google always show me information about Old Hickory Knives. They looks alike, even in the font for the handle stamp. Could be that Old Colonial was a sub Brand of Old Hickory? Any help will be appreciate. Thanks guys! Below the pic of the handle.
    [​IMG]

2. Danke42

Danke42

Feb 10, 2015
    Why not ask Fimlay's Online Collectibles? It appears to be their photo.

3. scubisino

scubisino

Dec 4, 2015
    Yes it's their photo, but it's identical to the stamp on my knife..

4. Brhowser87

Brhowser87 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 3, 2016
    Old hickory is made by Ontario knife company. So maybe start there. The lettering looks very similar to old hickorys I have. I could also be a knock off. (Just speculating)

5. not2sharp

not2sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 1999
    Perhaps Ontario contracted to make some products for Colonial?

Are there any other markings on the knife? Also, it is always helpful to show photos of the entire knife.

n2s