Help Us Build a Vantage! (Knife Giveaway)

Choose the best configuration!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
On to our 3rd Forum Knife!

This process has turned into one of our favorite ways to introduce new Buck variations. The response to the Titan (Our Blue Micarta S90V 110) was shocking. That knife flew out the door when released, and all we can say is thank you!

As it says in the title, we need help building a Buck Vantage. We've taken the input from the forum on some options, as well as a few of our personal favorites. It's up to you now.

Your input is very important to us. So important, that we are doing a DRAWING TO GIVE AWAY THE FIRST KNIFE FROM THIS PROJECT.

IMPORTANT:
Bladeforums has limited the number of poll questions to 10. So we've included Blade Steel and Handle material in the poll. You'll need to write your suggestions as comments from the following remaining options:

Blade Finish:

1. Cerakote
2. Satin
3. DLC
4. Stonewashed (tumbled)

(We are still waiting on confirmation from Buck for the M390 and Elmax)

The rules for the drawing are:

Post a reply to this thread with your input on the knife.

Only 1 entry per member. (But please do post multiple times if you have something else to contribute)

Hope and pray that you win.

That's it! Thanks in advance, and as always, we look forward to the discussion!

Last edited:
I voted for S35VN or M390, Ironwood or Micarta, the blue, like the 110 and satin finish blade. Thanks for doing this and letting us participate. Preston

I went with S90V satin finish and marbled carbon fiber in any color besides black. Something with bling that we don't have to wait 2 more months to get. I'm standing by. Thanks for this opportunity. DM

Satin finish and red-orange micarta.

Is it possible for you to give an estimate of cost differences? For instance what is the relative cost of M390 versus S30v, or Marbled Carbon Fiber vs Ironwood or Micarta?

Last edited:
I went with good ol’ S30V, or M390 and Ironwood or Micarta. I don’t have a color preference for the Micarta, but would prefer a sanded finish canvas.

For the blade finish, perhaps “tumbled” should be an option. I see no reason for coating these powdered stainless steels other than to pad the cost. The tumbled finish will subdue the refraction.

I voted for S35VN, S90V, with either some beautiful marbled carbon fiber or some black micarta or maybe a blend of black and another color! Also like MT Pokt said tumbled blade would be nice like The Extreme Spitfire.

I voted for S35VN, S90V, with either some beautiful marbled carbon fiber or some black micarta or maybe a blend of black and another color! Also like MT Pokt said tumbled blade would be nice like The Extreme Spitfire.

Duly noted and added!

I voted for the Elmax and M390 because as far as I know Buck has never used either steel before. Lightning Strike or Marbled carbon fiber as the handle because both are new and different from Bucks normal handle material. I almost picked Ironwood but it's hit or miss for highly figured grain and plain Ironwood doesn't have any pop. .same for Koa. I'm guessing cost will be well over $100.00 with super steels and premium handle material.

I want to keep the price very inexpensive, so I just want G10 scales, I'm fine with the steel. It's an inexpensive budget knife with a great design, keep it that way.

m390 or close enough to it american versions to it cpm 20cv or cts 204p or s90v. stonewashed or satin...uncoated steel preferred with these super stainlesses. micarta od or whatever they have or can get. 3.6"plus blade...thats the really important part.:)

Satin M390 with Micarta. Not too picky on color,but as Dave stated; not black. My current favorite Vantage is with green paperstone.

S90v or M390 stonewashed blade, micarta with blue and black layers :D

Last edited:
Hopefully doesn't cost 200+ dollars.

Went with s35v and carbon fiber.

I voted for M390 with Lightning Strike Carbon fiber, and my preference for the blade would be stone-washed with that materials combination.

I was tempted to go for Ironwood, S30V, and Satin for a warmer more friendly looking Vantage, but I decided that a sleeker more modern look would fit the blade better.

thanks for a great GAW!!! I prefer to see S90V or M390 with a carbon fiber of some kind. Would also like to see a liner or two in a color that nicely accents the carbon fiber.

Back