Help Us Build a Vantage! (Knife Giveaway)

Choose the best configuration!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have been thinking for the materials on this one 20cv micarta and American made what other maker could hit this price point. no one I think.

Well my knife has gone on tour. It was in KC on Wednesday and was supposed to be delivered today. It was received in Sunnyside NY today and is now "in Transit". I'm in Missouri. o_O
I'm heading out of town Sunday, so it looks like it'll have to sit in the local post office for a week until I get back to pick it up. Unless USPS sends it to New Orleans or somewhere :rolleyes:

My maverick arrived and it is an outstanding knife. Now I need to find a gold plating shop for the pocket clip.

Well my knife has gone on tour. It was in KC on Wednesday and was supposed to be delivered today. It was received in Sunnyside NY today and is now "in Transit". I'm in Missouri. o_O
I'm heading out of town Sunday, so it looks like it'll have to sit in the local post office for a week until I get back to pick it up. Unless USPS sends it to New Orleans or somewhere :rolleyes:
It's a bummer when something you order go's on a tour :confused:

So....I checked the USPS tracking to see where its at today and it says its out for delivery! If the tracking history is to be believed, USPS managed to ship it over 1100 miles in 20 hours. Huh. In any event, it would have been a small inconvenience. I'll know in a couple of hours.

So....I checked the USPS tracking to see where its at today and it says its out for delivery! If the tracking history is to be believed, USPS managed to ship it over 1100 miles in 20 hours. Huh. In any event, it would have been a small inconvenience. I'll know in a couple of hours.

Good Luck!!! :thumbsup: John

Its here! Who knows where its been. I hope it had a good time :)
Blade is centered and no play in any direction. I guess I've had good luck with my Vantages. My small pro is the same way.
Its a got some heft to it. Feels solid and is sharp. Really sharp. I'm happy with it. I also have an SK Spitfire Extreme. SK is two for two with me.
I don't have a photo hosting site at the moment so no pics, but it really did happen.

Its here! Who knows where its been. I hope it had a good time :)
Blade is centered and no play in any direction. I guess I've had good luck with my Vantages. My small pro is the same way.
Its a got some heft to it. Feels solid and is sharp. Really sharp. I'm happy with it. I also have an SK Spitfire Extreme. SK is two for two with me.
I don't have a photo hosting site at the moment so no pics, but it really did happen.
You actually don't need a photo hosting site anymore to post photos. Just drag and drop them into your message!

I've mucked around with mine a bit more. First I dyed it red. Then I waxed it a bit and polished it smooth. Then I decided I missed the texture of the micarta, so I stripped it down a little to reveal it again. It looks like this, now (in person it looks an even dark red all over, but catching the detail in the daylight left me with bright spots from every angle):

AGeZCeA.jpg

I've mucked around with mine a bit more. First I dyed it red. Then I waxed it a bit and polished it smooth. Then I decided I missed the texture of the micarta, so I stripped it down a little to reveal it again. It looks like this, now (in person it looks an even dark red all over, but catching the detail in the daylight left me with bright spots from every angle):

AGeZCeA.jpg
Looks great.

I notice that the Maverick is no longer on the SK site. SK still lists the Extreme Spitfire and Operator even though they are out of stock, but the Maverick is just gone.

I notice that the Maverick is no longer on the SK site. SK still lists the Extreme Spitfire and Operator even though they are out of stock, but the Maverick is just gone.
I was gone for a week traveling to Nashville and Vegas for conferences. I have some of the Mavericks in at Buck to be worked over, so I don't have any in stock at the moment. It will be back up soon!

I vote for bohler m390 done with a nice stonewash too hide wear and any minor sharpening scratches and finally finished off with a copper flake marbled carbon fiber or copper wire lightning strike carbon fiber just something with copper in it I think is something you don't see often and I think would really add to the unique qualities of a semi custom Knife

Just a heads up I just bought a maverick Thursday on July 12th so they're back

Back