Help! What shaving razor do you use?

Low_rez

Platinum Member
So being in this hobby, I have learned all about steels and how to sharpen them. I have also used that knowledge to realize the companies like Gillette are robing us for a pack of 5 Fusion shaving razor heads! I just saw a new intriguing company called Supply that offers a single edge razor with 3 levels of close shave. I have a straight razor but find that they are not a good combo with being tired and sleepy in the morning along with rushing to get ready for work. Bleeding on the subway does not work for me or my fellow commuters, I have tried it. What do you recommend to use as an alternative to the expensive brands like Gillette that you have used and trust?

Fusion here. Those stupid $5 blades are what my face is used to and I can’t switch as everything else shreds my face.

I bought a Harry’s razor and after one shave, I looked like Freddy Kruger. Ended up giving the razor and a bunch of blades away.

There's a forum on BF.....called razors, scissors. and personal grooming. You might get better response to your question.

I use a Murker slant bar double edge with Astra blades. By Far the best and closest shave I've ever had!

Edwin Jagger by Solingen straight razor to do the first pass with and get the heavy stuff off. Dovo Shavette also works well
then I finish with $5 Fusion...however this way the $5 Fusion lasts forever.
I spend almost nothing on replacement blades annually,.
I do use Truefitt and Hill shaving cream, expensive but you use so little with a brush it also lasts forever.

Last edited:
Astra Superior Platinum Double Edge Razor Blades. You use em, flip em over & continue. Then you can even strop em. $ I save turns into more knives.

I'm kidding myself. Knife purchases = broke, living on ramen noodles.

MAMA tom yum shrimp! *sigh*

There's a forum on BF.....called razors, scissors. and personal grooming. You might get better response to your question.

I use a Murker slant bar double edge with Astra blades. By Far the best and closest shave I've ever had!

Thanks! Been here a while but never noticed the category.

Astra Superior Platinum Double Edge Razor Blades. You use em, flip em over & continue. Then you can even strop em. $ I save turns into more knives.

I'm kidding myself. Knife purchases = broke, living on ramen noodles.

MAMA tom yum shrimp! *sigh*

There is no shame in eating ramen while knife shopping. Just sayin.

First off, I have a BEARD. It’s not long, because my shit grows in straight, so I can’t go full Leonidas with it. But, whatever. I have a lady who I like to make the fun times with, so I do line it up and shave below my jaw to stay sleek and clean looking. That wows her. She likes it.

To maintain this rugged, yet sophisticated look (it’s basically the Sebenza of facial hair. Refined. Tight tolerances. Capable), I shave with .14” thick, hollow ground S35VN, 15 degrees per side, 17 degree micro bevel, NO SHAVE GEL BECAUSE I’M ALL MAN, BABY!!!

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I mean, I use dollar shave club. Check them out.

Schick Hydro 5. Switched to this after getting tired of paying Gillette prices. Quite honestly fell in love with it instantly. That with a little bit of Nivea sensitive shaving gel and I can get a clean shave in 30 seconds with no cuts or razor burns.

Back